“Nice rooms but could have been cleaner.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in York
Wilmington, Vermont
“Nice rooms but could have been cleaner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The only complaint I have is that on the surface the room looked clean but if you looked along the edges of the floor or behind the sofa, all kinds of fun stuff was found from hair and lint to items past guests have lost (pacifier, hair clip, crayon..). The staff was very friendly and the location was nice. I would have given a better rating if someone had gone through the room with the crack and crevice tool on the vacuum cleaner!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

This hotel is just OK - but the rooms are a hidden gem - so I'm rating it 5 stars to offset the bad reviews. It is big and we got lost getting to our room. The elevators are clear on opposite corners of the building which makes for a lot of walking. The first hall we walked down needed serious vacuuming - but I think in retrospect we accidently went down a utility hallway. As we got closer to what appeared to be the rooms - the halls were clean and everything looked nice. When we got into our room I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The room was newly remodeled and the bathroom was not only emaculate - but it was sparkling clean. I am a stickler for clean showers and bathrooms - and I was not disappointed. We had to use a rollaway because of the size of our group - and I slept on the rollaway. Surprisingly it was the best sleep of my trip.

I highly recommend this hotel. It looks a bit ho hum, and there were some places in this large facility that were not maintained - but the rooms are fantastic!! I doubt you'd find a better place in York for the price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We spent two nights at this Best Western but never again. The room was of good size and well organized but the bathroom was filthy. The bottom of the shower current was covered with black mold and blood stains on the tile next to the toilet. The fitted sheets did not fit the bed at all. No pen and paper in the room, of which my asked for some, but never got. For those who are early risers and wish to leave the room and have coffee so your spouse may sleep, forget it. They serve breakfast at seven and will not turn on the coffee before that. The desk clerk was very rude about this when I asked, being told I have a coffee maker in the room and not caring that I didn’t want to wake my wife. I had get in my car and drive to a convenience store to get coffee.

This Best Western should not have their name being that they have a roach motel quality!

NEVER again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Palmer, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed here for one night while traveling to old orchard beach. I kept reading reviews and gettign detered from staying at hotels in the portland area, I finally settled and called AAA and booked a room here at the york inn, I did not read the reviews before my stay so I wouldnt be detered. When I checked in the staff was very friendly and helpful. I got a non smoking room, and as many have said in other reviews my room had a slight odor to it, like it could possibly have been a smoking room in the past, not strong, just a faint smell. The room was clean as well as the bathroom(unlike other reviews it was clean). The mattress was firm and not so comfortable, and the fitted sheet did not fit, may have been for a full size, our bed was a queen. Overall the stay was ok, clean room, quiet, convienient. I would say with a diff matress and a fresh smell it would be a good room, the rate was a little high but cant ask for much since its summer tourist season, $153/night.

Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Saying our room was dirty was an understatement. There was food left on the floor by prior guest, the tv hardly worked at all, the light socket was falling out of the wall, the tub didn't drain and was filled with other people's hair balls....staff was NOT helpful at all and the pool smelled like dirty feet. For the price we paid I was shocked!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is not a bad hotel. The nights that we stayed the hotel was full, with no vacancies and we were glad to have booked in advance. - Granted the young ladies on reception are still in need of considerable training, especially in relation to relating to the public, but they are inexperienced rather than rude. However, other staff are quite pleasant and helpful.

Our room was spacious enough, with a queen bed and both the room and the bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable enough.The hotel was very busy at breakfast times and there is insufficient space for all the people who need to access the food provided or to sit and eat.

The hotel is well located for York and Ogunquit, both delightful places with charm. There is a supermarket nearby and it is a 20 minute drive to Kittery for the outlets. However, being situated just off of Route 1, this is is very busy at peak times and we spent some time in traffic queues.

Kendall Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The hotel is run very poorly, the manager/owner leaves the premises for long periods of times LOCKING UP HIS OFFICE THAT CONTAINS THE FAX MACHINE ETC. and the 2 girls at the front desk are inexperienced and know nothing. The towels are rough the bathroom is very very very tiny. The rooms are shabby..The "free" breakfast is served in a non airconditioned room too small for the amount of people staying at the hotel. DON'T STAY THERE!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Western York Inn? Share your experiences!