“Awesome food with a spectacular view!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 102 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Wrentham, Massachusetts
“Awesome food with a spectacular view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Whenever you visit York Beach Sun & Surf is a must. You can go for an incredible breakfast, awesome lunch or fabulous dinner.We Love Lunch out on the patio. Clam roll is huge, onion rings are to die for and just a simple BLT is the best you have ever eaten.

• Visited September 2012

Keene, New Hampshire
“Beachfront Heaven...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Sun & Surf restaurant is a beautiful beachfront place for any meal. The only building on the beach side of the street gives this place a unique attraction as you are literally "on the beech". They have wonderful food for every taste category.

A real attraction is their outdoor, covered patio seating area. Service brings you your gourmet delights as you watch the boats, people and nature at it's best.

There was one down note on this visit. There were 6 of us and they only had 4 person tables available (and many of them). They refused to allow us to push 2 together so we could sit together even though that was how they seated other large parties. They said that they could only put so many tables together??? Chairs could not even be moved so that we were all sitting in the same direction so we were facing each other. Had to be back to back??? NOT THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE by the hostess!

• Visited August 2012
Revere, Massachusetts
“MISTREATED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

OK, So yesterday I went on a bike ride , up the coast of Rye N.H., with three of my best buddies!!! We stopped at the SUN and SURF because they wanted ice cream and we all had to use the potty! One ordered and three of us ran in to use the rest rooms.. the hostess told us we needed to show our receipt to use the restroom (the ice cream place is connected to the side of the restaurant ...outside ) We kindly told her we would bring it right in.. we had to use the rest rooms long ride! when we came out the manager followed us to the door and slammed it shut behind us! I walked over got the recpt and walked back to the the restaurant door to give it to the hostess as I promised (I honestly didnt want her to think I had lied.. 3 ice creams and a water.. I got to the entrance and the manager was standing outside she stopped me and said " Can I ask why you are going back in this establishment?" I looked up and nicely said "Oh I am just giving this to the hostess she had asked for it" the manager looked at me said "LISTEN the policy here is you have to have a receipt first to use the restroom just take your receipt and be gone!" I was so shocked I looked at her and said "wow that was really Witchy" and she said "YA and you are an (*** hole)"( I am so mad that we were treated like that .. I am going to look up the review pages in YORK, ME and be sure to post what happened at the SUN and SURF 264 Long Beach Ave, York, ME.. I have been in business for 17yrs this Sept and have never spoken to a customer like that! the two others I was with in this place are business owners also (a master plumber and a carpenter not like we were thugs with no money) I so feel like we were judged and I am so mad!!!!! I walked away thinking my sunglasses cost more than that witch makes in a week... are you kidding me!! WOW!!!!! I have never been treated like that in my lifetime! EVER!!! So I know a lot of my friends that ride bikes like that ride along the coast if you are up that way DO NOT EAT THERE!!!!

• Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great view, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Loved the scallops wrapped in bacon in a maple sauce, the caesar salad was fresh and delicious and the whole belly fried clams were the best I've had in years.

Visited June 2012
London
“Memorable stop, sit outside looking olver the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Lovely stop - we were just passing and wanted to eat somewhere with a view. We sat on a terrace looking over Long Beach and the Nubble Lighthouse in the distance. We had steak, swordfish and tuna wrap. It was quite pricey but we shared one of the main courses. The service was friendly and quick, though we were eating early so it wasn't too busy. Food was delicious and view unforgetable, highly recommend!

• Visited June 2012