We recently spent four nights at Dockside. We were in suite 106, the lower unit in the Crows Nest. It was everything we were looking for. We have been coming to York Harbor for almost 35 years and finally found the place that we will return to. Our unit was most inviting - lovely little seating area, small kitchenette and a great bedroom with a king size bed.
The best of all was the view from the deck. We were blown away by how close to the water we were. Probably about 15 to 20 feet away from the waters edge. We spent a lot of time sitting on the deck watching the tides come and go and the fishing boats too! Very peaceful location. Just what we wanted.
Although there is a kitchenette we only used it for snacks and cold drinks. We went up to the lodge each morning for the breakfast which included lots of different breads, pastries, fruit, cereals as well as baked eggs, sausages and french toast. It was really good!!
We were in York for four nights - and two of them we ate at the Dockside Restaurant. The first time because it was so handy - the second time because the food was soooo good the first time. We actually had the same meal both times. I had the drunken lobster - which was absolutely delicious and came with a generous portion of lobster and scallops too. My husband had the shrimp linguine - he raved about it - it was on the spicy side too - which he really liked. We would certainly eat there again and perhaps try some of the other dishes :)
The Dockside must be very popular as it was probably completely booked while we were there - however all guests were respectful and we did not feel stuck in the middle of a gaggle of folks. There are many activities on the property to do and bikes that you can sign out if you wish. Being in the lower unit we did hear the footfalls from the guests above us - but that is to be expected and did not really bother us.
On the whole we were really really happy with our choice to stay at Dockside. The staff were all very friendly and even took time to show us around the Captains House (sleeps 8) as we are interested in returning with the whole family next time. After all the years we have visited York Habor we know now that we will only ever stay at the Dockside. We seriously thought of trying to extend our stay a few more nights as we were so relaxed...alas we had to return home. But next time we will stay longer.
Highly suggest you stay here some time (but not when we need a room :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dockside is a special place on the Maine seacoast offering distinctive dining and lodging overlooking picturesque York Harbor. It captures the essence of Maine with its natural beauty, gracious hospitality and abundant activities. Accommodations are in the Maine House, a quintessential "New England Cottage" and multi-unit buildings at the water's edge, most with a private deck and water view. Our restaurant shares the same magnificent views while offering a truly enjoyable dinning experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dockside Guest Quarters And Restaurant Hotel York
- Dockside Guest Quarters And Restaurant York, Maine