“A great place to stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Wallingford
“A great place to stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stonewall kitchen is a great place to get jams dips and sauces. They offer a great amount of samples to taste (you could make a meal out of their samples because they offer so much) The flavor of this month is cherry berry jam. there is a special price for this item, and if you buy four or more jars you will receive a 10% discount. They offer cooking class there as well There cafe has an exciting menu that you could enjoy inside or outside. Their cafe closes 2 hrs earlier then the store itself

Visited August 2013

Westford, Massachusetts, United States
“Tourist Trap!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stopped here with my husband and young son. My son ordered the chicken poppers which were overcooked. In fact, my son usually will devour fried chicken b/c it's a special treat for him, but he wouldn't even eat it which tells you something. My husband got the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries and he literally couldn't get through half of it before pushing it away. I got the ham and brie sandwich which was honestly terrible, terrible, terrible. I was hoping the saving grace would be the clam chowder that we ordered, but my husband thought it tasted like something out of a can, and I have to agree. Trust me when I tell you to stay away from this place. Plan a trip down the road to When Pigs Fly in Kittery on Rt. 1.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Millville, DE
“Disorganized Kitchen With Overpriced Grub!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arrived just before the rush at 11:20 and it took 15 minutes to get served and we were the only people in line - service is cafeteria style and you are given a number to place on the table and your order is delivered. Servers wander around trying to figure out what they are to do with their arms full of food since the seating area is huge although the kitchen is small. You are asked to clear your own table with no attention from the staff which raises huge sanitary and health concerns.
When we left after shopping at 12:25 , it appeared everything was at a standstill with a huge line, the seating area full and chaos prevailing. Prices are in the stratosphere especially for lobster dishes which they push - $25 for a lobster BLT. Food was good but not worth the prices.
Time for management to reconfigure this restaurant and lower the prices.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“The menu seems to have expanded!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went to the Stonewall Kitchen Cafe last year quite a few times. This was my first visit this summer. I think they have expanded the menu to add a few items, namely salads. I got a salad with golden raisins and fruit and nuts. It was huge! My husband got the avacado BLT. It is served on thick but tender artisan bread. I love this places. They had delicious looking cakes and desserts but we were watching our weight so we need to pass! I would definately recomend this whole experience. It is a fun way to spend a couple of hours in a great setting.

The store is just so exciting in a classy way and the cafe is delightful. Jim and Jonathan the owners were there. They are very unassuming and just sat down at a table with friends. If my husband who is in the food business did not recognize them I would not even have noticed them. They happened to be speaking to a gentleman at the table next to us who they knew.But I am pretty sure the rest of the patrons had no idea who they were and the staff did not seem to kow tow to them( reportedly they are one of the best companies to work for). I cannot say enough about this flagship store and cafe! It is kind of like when you go to Disney World you suspend disbelif when it comes to buying a jar of jelly for 7 or 8 dollars. I would gasp at that price in the grocery store but it seems so reasonable in the atmosphere that is created at Stonewall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fantastic stop in York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

On a bit of a rainy day in York we took advice from some Trip Advisor reviews and ended up at Stonewall. THANK GOODNESS for Trip Advisor. This place is terrific and we'd never have found it. Their products are fantastic, there's tons of tasting opportunities, and their cafe food is exceptional. My husband had the lobster cobb salad and I had the lobster tacos. Both were excellent, the servers were polite and friendly - everything was really top notch. I highly recommend it, whether its sunny or raining--don't miss it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere