“Delicious place for lunch--fun food and great to shop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Boston MA
“Delicious place for lunch--fun food and great to shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Family of four stopped here for lunch on the way home from weekend in Ogunquit. My husband had a roast beef sandwich with all kinds of interesting things on it, son had a BLT, daughter had a roasted veggie sandwich and I had brie and fig compote. We also had a side of a very good cole slaw and caprese rice salad. Everything was very good, funky sodas too (grape was the best). Desserts looked yummy, but we were too full to try them. A bit pricey, but the food was excellent--you place your order, get a number and then the server brings it to your table--we were outside in the lovely backyard terraced area. Pretty and delightful place to grab a bite. Store is a lot of fun too--they put out all kinds of things to sample....mmmmmmm strawberry balsamic jam. Yum yum.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We travel to Ogunquit twice a year and generally make it a point to time our trip so we can have lunch here. Although when full the cafe can be noisy, we never have been disappointed by the food. This trip was no exception. My pulled-pork sandwich was tasty, if oddly served on thick white bread lightly toasted. The side salad was fresh mixed greens with balsamic dressing. My companion had chowder, which she described as delicious, and half a tuna salad sandwich. Last fall I got adventurous and tried the lobster tacos, which were wonderful. We were happy to find a low table; neither of us was interested in the high tables that abut the shopping area. The woman who took our orders was friendly; the woman who took our money was not. But in our experience that was an exception.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Queens, New York
“only breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This review is only based on baked goods and coffee which I picked up for a quick breakfast. The coffee is FANTASTIC!!!! I was extremely disappointed in the baked goods as they were just ordinary. For a company that sells very fine breakfast and dessert mixes (which are truly great), the blueberry muffin and scones that I had were not up to par with the store products. And for the price ($6.50) for a cup of coffee and muffin, I expected a lot more.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have eaten several times at the Stonewall Kitchen in York Maine. We visited there the other day and were delighted with the selection, both regular and seasonal, that they offer. The cafe is a wonderful little place to stop and have lunch, or even have a light breakfast. It is clean and the people who work there are helpful. We purchase many of Stonewall Kitchen items in the big store which is attached right next to the cafe. Recommend the Cafe and the store highly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod, MA
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I hate when I recommend a place to eat and it doesn't live up to expectations. I had eaten breakfast there and thought it was wonderful. Today for lunch I was happy to see a caprese panini on rosemary bread. However the rosemary taste was overwhelming, the tomatoes were tasteless and mushy and the mozzarella was blah. My companion had a turkey reuben which he described as "eh". All this plus 2 iced teas for $27. Guess I'll stick to breakfast there if there's nowhere else open

• 2 of 5 stars Food