“Wouldn't even think about it..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Schooner Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiscasset
Schooner Inn
You added Schooner Inn to your Saves list
306 Bath Rd, Wiscasset, ME 04578   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Wiscasset B&B and Inns
Bath, Maine
“Wouldn't even think about it..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My fiancé was put into an emergency situation and needed a place to stay for a good price. I called them and was immediately unimpressed. The man who picked up the phone barely spoke English and did not give any briefing as a motel would all he said was "hello" then without telling me he handed the phone off to some woman who spoke even less English! She cut me off and then got an attitude with me! Terrible customer service!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stopped here before and it's improved so much since then, comfortable beds, friendly staff and the very affordable. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore County Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

3 stars means average. Good value: Very inexpensive in July 2010: $40 for single, $45 double occupancy. It was 10 PM Friday night, every place we called was full, and 95 degrees (in Maine!). We were grateful for the Schooner Inn. It met our needs for a place to sleep as we travelled.

The motel is small and sometimes not staffed, (go to the Chinese restaurant to check in). If you appreciate value, and understand that you get about what you pay for, give this place a try. If you post negative reviews over mismatched furniture or small inconveniences, don’t think about it. The front units face the bar underneath the oriental restaurant, which doubtless leads to some late night noise. Just ask for the units in the rear. Our room (#1 on the second floor, can't speak to other rooms) was plain but clean and nicer than the outside, which is a bit off-putting. The owner is trying -- Tempurpedic mattress, flat screen TV (but poor reception), good linen. Unfortunately the A/C was not on in the room before we checked in, so it took a long time to cool the room down.

My wife and I would much rather spend $45 for a place we only occupy from 9:30 PM till 8 AM, and spend the difference on an antique or a boat ride, but I would guess most Americans no longer feel that way. If you are picky this place may not work for you.

A big thank you to the staff. It was a bit weird to go the bar at 10 PM to find someone to check us in, but the man who responded was helpful. We accidentally left a laptop charger behind. I think the hostess in the restaurant took my call, a day later, but she did contact housekeeping, who had turned it in, and after I talked to the desk clerk he promptly went to a UPS store and mailed the charger to me.

The two reviews from 2007 about misleading websites may not apply anymore. I cannot find a website by this property, only listings of it on other sites, like this one. In any case this motel is not a destination; you would not likely make it a base to explore the area. This motel is what used to be common -- a place to sleep while travelling.

Room Tip: Upkeep outside is so-so. Ask to see a room. Backside quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

...but just be aware that it is a simple, small group of motel rooms behind an Asian restaurant and it's adjoining bar. The owner was in the bar when we drove up so we needed to go into the bar to find him. That aura can be off-putting, but we were in need of a reasonably priced place, considering that other places a few miles away were almost twice the price. So we took a chance. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. (Only a minimal trace of cigarette odor....not bad at all, but that could vary by the room.) You can park right in front of your door. And the Asian restaurant took a carryout order as they were about to close. They put together a huge very-reasonably-priced portion of Szechuan Bean Curd with vegetables, and actually made it very hot and spicy, like we like it, and we ate in our room. It would have been nice if the place had keycards instead of traditional room keys, just for a greater feeling of security, with the bar nearby, but it was a weeknight, the bar cleared out early, and we slept soundly.
No problems, and we saved about $50 compared to the few other offerings in the area

Room Tip: Ask about cigarette odor, apparently some rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We had to stop over for our trip and the place was clean. The owner was easonable with the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ITProjectManager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

This is not an Inn, just a cheap hotel. The website is very misleading. The pictures are not of this hotel. Breakfast is NOT included and is not available. We were told this was an Inn, they had a porch with a nice view and we could walk to town. What we found was a cheap hotel, with a narrow outside walkway more than a mile from town. We did not even bother to check in.

• Liked — Seeing it in my rearview mirror
  • Disliked — They misrepresented the accomidations both on their website and on the phone.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

The Schooner Inn in Wiscasset Main has a MISLEADING web page. I found this site through a google search of inns in the area I was traveling. When I arrived the real Inn is a motel behind the owners chinese restraunt on a strip mall section of route 1. I was so surprised by the discrepancy from the web page I took their three fold brochure back to my office to double check that I was correct and not comparing two different properties. The wibesite that shows the misleading pictures is [--] a real view of the building is at [--]
I did not check in at the Schooner Inn and was lucky enough to get a room at the Cod Cove Inn in Edgecomb. The Cod Cove had three guest that week that checked in with the same story.

Stayed June 2007

Been to Schooner Inn? Share your experiences!