“Rude owner, horrible experience! Avoid this place!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wiscasset Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wiscasset
Wiscasset Motor Lodge
You added Wiscasset Motor Lodge to your Saves list
596 Old Bath Road (Hwy 1), Wiscasset, ME   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wiscasset
“Rude owner, horrible experience! Avoid this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I had a reservation for this motor lodge and arrived in the area a day early. I thought I'd see if there was an available room a day early. When I came in I saw the owner and said "oh, you must be Nancy" She responded with "And who are you?" in a very nasty tone. I explained the situation to her and she was less than welcoming. She was rude and very short with me. She showed me the room that was available. The room was small but clean, no complaints there. She charged me for two nights and then when I said we would not be coming back later in the week she asked for my credit card to charge more because she said she had given me a weekly rate not a daily rate. The entire encounter made me so uncomfortable that we decided to leave. When I asked for our money back she replied "Well I guess that means you didn't like your room!" As I mentioned before the room itself was fine but the owner's attitude was so unwelcoming that we felt we had no choice but to leave.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
East Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed one night on our way back from Bar Harbor. Located in a wooded setting the room was very clean and peaceful. The breakfast was nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful. A real value for the money, would definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
northern Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Traveling on our way to Bar Harbor, we needed a place to stay on the first night of our trip. The Wiscasset Motor Lodge was a pleasant surprise--the room was very clean, neat, and welcoming. And, the price of our room was under $80! Located on Rte 1, the motel was a convenient stop for one night for us. In addition, we had a chance to buy some lobster rolls at Red's in downtown Wiscasset (also on Rte 1, next to the bridge). We highly recommend the Wiscasset Motor Lodge, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
cglex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My wife an I stayed here on our annual mid-coast Maine trip. In the past we have stayed at the Cod Cove in which we like, but for $100 less a night, decided to try the Wiscasset Motor Lodge. We had a pleasant stay and saved $100.

First, when rating hotels, I use the Mobil guide type system with a well executed Ritz Carlton getting a 5 star, a basic Hilton a 3 star, a Hampton Inn or Marriott Courtyard a 2 star and the no frills types a 1 star. When I ratie hotels, 1 star doesn't mean the place is a dump.

The Wiscasset Motor Lodge is best described as small spartan rooms, almost half the size of a room at the Cod Cove inn and 60 to 70% of the size of what one expects from a Hampton Inn. The room is all pine paneling, not the 4x* type but real boards, very clean, relatively new and not very worn. The only down side is the space is limited, I wouldn't want to have middle school or older boys in the room, and forget adding a cot or crib. The tv is vintage tube and there are not enough outlets for today's devices. There is a strong wi-fi signal at no charge. Continental breakfast is small Styrofoam cups and breakfast bars. No matter, if on the cheap there is a McDonalds less than a half a mile east and the same distance west brings one to a small dinner with a decent breakfast. Sorry name long forgotten.

Room Tip: Just call the owner at the number on the web site.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
otto,nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Great place for the price...really nice clean and spacious rooms...free wifi....sauna in the bathrooms....decks on the front with chairs for chillin out. No view of the water but still an awesome place and convinient to good food in wiscasset. Thw only downfall was no continental breakfast because it was too early in the season.(June? too early in the season)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed here for one night while visiting friends in the area. It was close by and very inexpensive...both good reasons to give it a try.
The place is kind of cute, and the rooms...while fairly small, were at least clean. I've actually found myself with smaller spaces for more money....so all in all this wasn't bad.
It lives up to what you'd expect....and maybe more considering the low cost.
The only caution I would give out is the bed....it's hard. I don't have a great back...so this was not a good thing for me and would not have been able to do two nights with it.
If you don't have a bad back and don't mind a hard bed....go for it.

Room Tip: The bed is the only problem.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Bolton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Having struck out with B&Bs that were either beyond our budget for a business trip or that canceled on us due to a death in the family, we reluctantly resorted to stay at this motel. We had passed it maybe a hundred times in our travels but never really noticed it. We couldn't have been more surprised and pleased with our stay. Although right on Rt. 1, our unit was well off the highway and traffic was noticeable but not offensive. The room itself, though small, was spotless, the rustic decor was pleasant, and the amenities were exceptional for a budget motel - clean towels each day, small fridge, efficient heating in bedroom and bathroom - and not least of all, extremely competent and friendly owners. We had planned for an entirely different type of place, but "settled" for this place, and now we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Mind you, this is neither a romantic nor a scenically located B&B, but if you are happy with basic accommodation in this area, this is simply a great choice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Wiscasset Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!