“Spragues = GREAT FOOD!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Alna, Maine
“Spragues = GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nice place to get lunch, Spragues is right on the Creamery Pier in Wiscasset so the view is good and there's a nice breeze. Their haddock sandwich is good sized and reasonably priced. The best drink is their home made lemonade - best I've had.

Visited May 2014

Hanover, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Best Lobster Roll in Maine. Don't waste your time waiting at the famous place across the street, these blow them away. Cash only with some parking on site. Plenty of seating, nothing fancy just good food.

Visited June 2014
Cushing, Maine
“Worst dining experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I went here on Sunday, June 8th for the first time and it will be our last! It started with the horrible attitude of the person taking our order. I ordered a crab meat roll and fries and then my husband ordered the same thing. After he ordered, she said they were all out of crab meat. Then we both ordered a cheeseburger royal and fries. We were not asked how we would like our burgers cooked and mine was not done enough, the lettuce was slimy and the fries were definitely old and recooked, because they were crispy and oil soaked! They tasted and looked like 'grease sticks!' I took my fries to the counter and told the girl that took our order that the fries were not good and she asked if I would like new ones. I asked if they would be the same and she said, "yes." I took them to the owner and showed him a clump of fries that we were served and he just said, "I'm very sorry." Needless to say, we will never go back there!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Great lobster and clam rolls!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stopped here because Red's had not opened yet, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the lobster and clam rolls. They also offer home made iced tea, which is a plus if you're not into the usual range of sodas, etc. Lots of tables for outdoor dining, and great view. I can't compare the food to Red's because I have not eaten there yet.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Rather than wait for the hyped lobster rolls at Reds we decided to give Sprague's a try. The young lady was pleasant but it was obvious she would rather be somewhere else. They were out of a lot of menu items which left a very limited choice and we were disappointed with the food we got which warm, not hot, and lacked flavor.
There is some seating, and location is better than their competitors because it's close to the river and not directly onto the rail tracks, but it's still very close to the busy road.

• Visited September 2013