“Old Pictures” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Winthrop
Monmouth, Maine
“Old Pictures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

These professional pictures are from when I used to clean/manage/run the place in 2009. These have not been updated as Im sure neither has the actual property itself. Its a shame to read all these negitive comments after working so hard on trying to keep this property up. I feel sorry for anyone that has had a unpleasurable stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The motel sounded half decent in trip advisor for a cheap overnight stay. WRONG.
The room was dirty, dilapidated and insect ridden. We got in late at night so we put up with it and left early in the morning. We had a reservation for our return trip but canceled it.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Horrible .. People are friendly but doesn't make the cold showers, spiders, flies, and maggots ok. Every morning parking lot and porch is filled with maggots from the dumpster. Mattresses are broke down and disgusting. I don't know why this review says it has food to order. Your lucky if there is coffee

• Stayed September 2013
South Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We booked this motel through another website. The picture looked nothing like the actual place. The sign has burnt out lights and peeling paint. There were mattresses and old furniture outside some of the rooms. The we're broken down cars in the parking lot. I was very afraid. Luckily a short ride up the road brought us to the Hampton Inn in Augusta ME. It was impeccably clean with a nice pool, exercise room, lovely decorated rooms and a Margaritas next door. The staff were friendly and courteous and the free breakfast had fresh fruit, make your own waffles, eggs as well cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and drinks. Loved it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed here a long time ago it seems.I stayed in December I think 2010. The room was very comfortable and I had a great time and relaxed. I came back to stay and the house keeper was no longer there and that made me feel a little upset. I liked the service, it was kind of a homestyle atmosphere, with the prepared meals and the cleanliness. I called to make another reservation. When we arrived at the motel, I was very dissapointed. I was hoping to see her again! I will never forget her smile and her personality! I wonder where she is now! I found another motel up the road, so I could maybe find her there! Details about the motel, I did not stay to say!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The first 2 nights I had heat, after that cold, cold, cold, could not sleep cause it was cold..even with shoes on, the manager said he would take care of it....ended up going to Augusta so I could get some heat, manager did not offer apology and refused refund for days that I did not stay, which had been paid in advance. Room was dirty, bought supplies and cleaned it myself, asked for clean towels after two days of no room service, manager gave me his towels...ewww....the place was cheap, but come on, broken down mattress, chairs came apart if you set in them, and table top very loose, was afraid to use it, no shade on table lamp, microwave door was cracked....just terrible!

Room Tip: Bring electic blanket if you want to be warm
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

My friend and I stayed here and what a treat! We had a wonderful time and slepted very comfortable. We had a king size bed and warm towels brought to us by the housekeeper and we told her we had some all ready........no problem she said and enjoy your stay and dinner will be done in a half hour and it was (Homemade bisciuts and baked chicken and potatoes) and all kinds of dessert. We have never stayed at any motel that served all day food . "check it out". The motel is not the best looking from the outside, very nice on the inside...fresh baked aroma goods There are alot of other motels we could of stayed at after reading the " Cold Room" but the price was right and the meals they serve, breakfast eggs, bacon and muffins (homemade blueberry muffins) coffee (different everyday) and I enjoyed the tea...wonderful. The manager was very nice to us when we needed directions and other attractions to see. we stayed for two nights and stayed the third night for the Sunday dinner well worth it! Oh yes would you like to know what it was......check them out and find out for yourselves and you won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Winthrop Motel? Share your experiences!