“Best breakfast ever” 5 of 5 stars

Visited June 2012

Portland, Maine
“Stonedog Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Delicious fresh food. Unique history as to how it got its name which you can read about when you arrive. A little chilly in there sometimes however food is so good, its worth it.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Yummy Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My daughter & I had breakfast here and it was delicious! I got the "carmelized bananna & walnut" French Toast. Very good! My daughter had scrambled eggs, bacon & home fries. That was ok - average. Waitress was great! Would definitely go back!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gray, Maine
“Good Food, Except for Hash”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We like the atmosphere in this friendly restaurant. The food is good, all but the corned beef hash. It's just strings of corned beef, and not much of that, and lots of potato.

Visited January 2012
Hallowell, Maine
“Great lunch, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was my first time eating here, but my niece and I enjoyed our meal, the banter with our waitress, and the atmosphere of the place. Though the place IS known for its breakfasts, especially its hash, they are open until 2PM every day and serve a great lunch menu, too. Their specials consist of whatever is in season and locally available. I had the beef stew (a 'cup' was actually a good-sized bowl with four pieces of toasted bread, and was a meal unto itself) plus a huge salad that I ended up taking home in its entirety because the stew was so filling. My niece had a burger and fries which she thoroughly enjoyed. They also had local apple cider on the menu the day we went, which was delicious.

• Visited October 2011