“Have been coming to the Inn for many years in the fall” 5 of 5 stars

Wilson Lake Inn
183 Lake Road, Wilton, ME 04294   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Wilton
new jersey
“Have been coming to the Inn for many years in the fall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

We are from NY and NJ and each summer we vacation in Weld, and in the fall for many years now, we have stayed at the Wilson Lake Inn in Wilton. We were there this past Columbus day weekend, and as always enjoyed our stay. The location is accessible to Farmington where you can shop, eat, maybe see a movie, and to other areas where you can view the mountains and the beautiful foliage.

We look forward every year to our stay here--it is cozy, comfortable, and very clean! I brought my son the year he was born when he was just six weeks old; we stayed in a suite with a kitchenette, which was perfect for us. We have stayed in hotels on Route 4 nearby, but this is much nicer-- it is in a tranquil place, right on Wilson Lake. A lovely place.

L. Osborne

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I stayed a Wilson Lake in this past weekend with my 2 sisters and their husbands. We rented the 2 bedroom suite and of course I got the futon. It was a little hard but I was able to get a good nights sleep. I was leary at first thinking "how many people have sat where I will lay my head"? Knowing this, I had brought my own sheets but forgot the blanket. I must say when we opened the futon up I was pleased with the cleanliness of the linens and blanket. I never used my own sheets! My sisters and I are a little obsessed with this when staying in a hotel, motel. We were more than pleased with the cleanliness of everything! The area is beautiful, serene and will make you feel rested and relaxed for the long journey back to home and reality!! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone and will rent there again on my next journey to Wilton to visit my brothers camp!

Thank You Wilson Lake Inn!!!

• Liked — Cozy- Friendly- Clean-Relaxing-Atmosphere was beautiful
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Wilson Lake Inn in August to visit my other daughter, attending college nearby. We happened to (by chance) stay at the time of "The Blueberry Festival" in Wilton, ME. We found our experience to be so FANTASTIC, that when it came time to visit my college student again, there was no where else we wanted to stay.
And once again, a GREAT experience.
The rooms are impeckably clean, the staff - AWESOME, and the location, on the lake, a plus!
We have already made reservations for next years Blueberry Festival.
I suggest you try this place! But leave a room for US!!!

Stayed October 2008
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

This is our favorite spots in Maine. We visit yearly, and have come to enjoy the butter cookies in the office, fishing and swimming on the lake, and swinging on the swings.

The owners/proprietors are very friendly, and make all of their guests feel at home.

The kids enjoy all of the activities, and can spend entire days playing together in the lake and on shore. The only time they want to leave is to go get ice cream at the local ice cream shop, Dutch Treat.

When you are at the Wilson Lake Inn you feel as comfortable as you do in your own home.

You cannot go wrong staying at the Wilson Lake Inn!!

good place,usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

Aug. 29-Sept.2, 2008
We heard about this inn from a friend of our daughters. It is located on beautiful Lake Wilson in Wilton, ME. It has a large yard area to tour and the landscaping made it a joy just to walk around. It was quiet enough to hear the loons making their calls both evenings and mornings. They offer a canoe, kayaks, and a rowboat to their guests and the lake is one that taking the slower route around is the only way to go. Bring your fishing pole!
They have several options for rooms ranging from single rooms to full apartments which are able to accommodate whole families and are very reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly and will help you in any way to make you feel at home and comfortable. The rooms and office area are cheerfully decorated and very clean. There are restaurants and stores within a mile from the inn and the University of Maine Farmington is located only a few miles from the inn.
I highly recommend this inn as a relaxing vacation spot for anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. The inn is open year round.

• Liked — the privacy, quiet and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing bad can be said
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I recently stayed at Wilson Lake Inn for the first time and plan to return many more times.

We enjoyed everything about our stay. We had an extended stay suite with two bedrooms, kitchen, living room and dining area. It was extremely clean and well equipped. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and accommodating.

The walk down to the lake is great and I really enjoyed the beautiful landscaping and flowers. We enjoyed fishing, canoeing, kayaking and bike riding. It’s extremely peaceful to sit on the lakefront and enjoy a book. It is beautiful to stand on the dock and look at the lake with the mountains in the background. One night walking back to our suite, the loons began singing, which was unbelievable to hear.

We plan to visit whenever we can.

• Liked — Great room in a resort right on Wilson Lake
  • Disliked — Nothing
Russell, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

We stayed for three nights at the Wilson Lake Inn in an extended stay facility. We had two bedrooms with two double beds in one and one double bed in the other. The kitchen was huge and fully equipped, the refrigerator full size and the table large enough for eight people. The living room had a pull out sofa and a large recliner chair. There were two occasional chairs in the living room and one in each bedroom. The bathroom was full, complete with a bath and the towels were very thick. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with flower beds every where and the lake is beautiful. We will definitely go back.

Stayed August 2008
Still looking for a hotel?