“Kennebac River Rafting” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Kennebac River Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I rafted the Kennebec River in a foursome of complete noobs with our awesome guide, Tony on June 19, 2013. The water was great and It was an extremely exciting experience. Our guide did a great job of keeping things light and seriously fun. I would absolutely do it again and I look forward to tackling some level five rapids with you guys later this year.

Food was also extremely good.

Visited June 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Rafting on the Dead River with 1300 cfs water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Awesome staff and crew. Lovely cabin. Could easily accommodate 9-10 people.

As for the rafting, we timed it perfectly - Memorial Day weekend. We had about 2.5 times the expected amount of water release + rains. The trip was a real adventure with choppy waves and freezing weather. Loved it!

Photos : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151629203811858.1073741847.8247586857&type=3

Visited May 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Awesome Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our trip was during Columbus Day weekend and it was the final release of the Dead River. We had a group of 15 and stayed in their largest cabin which was great. It could fit double the capacity so we actually had lots of privacy instead. We purchased the "all-inclusive" package which was the way to go - it included the rafting, our wetsuits and all of our meals. The guides and other staff were so much fun - you couldn't have a bad time. We cannot wait to plan our trip again for next year.

Visited October 2012
Belgrade, ME
6 attraction reviews
“Great fun despite rainy weather”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My dad won a three-day, two night trip for four at Three Rivers, and he decided to take my mom, my husband and I. We went September 21-23, 2012. My parents are in ther 60s and my husband and I are both in our 30s. The weather was predicted to be rainy all weekend, but we were excited to go rafting. I have been once on the Kennebec, but neither my mom, my dad nor my husband had ever been. We decided to rent full wetsuits, and it was a good choice. The water was actually much warmer than the air. We had Allison for a guide. She was awesome! She shared her knowledge of rafting and the sights along the Kennebec, and she saved my mom from falling out of the raft over Magic Falls. We had a great time with her as our guide. She had shared that she is the head guide at Three Rivers' facility in Millinocket, where they raft on the Penobscot. I would now like to raft that river, and if I do I would definitely request Allison as a guide. All the guides that wekend were a lot of fun. The food was great, and so was the atmosphere, The only negative was when we got to our cabin, it didn't look like it had been swept or vacuumed, and there was D-con on the bed where my husband and I slept near our pillow, and at one point a mouse ran through our living room.

Visited September 2012
Oxford
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect, other than getting wet, so arrived a little apprehensive, but we were soon put at ease. The guides and the team at Three Rivers are so enthusiastic and reassuring, that any fears were soon forgotten. It was a little cold and drizzly and whilst waiting to board the bus, one of the guides thought I would get cold so rushed to get a wetsuit jacket (no charge) which I was very grateful for later in the day. Pre-rafting video filming done, we boarded the bus and joined in the singing and banging and general pre-raft build up. The fun had begun!
Almost as soon as you get on the river, you hit the first rapids and there isn't the time to think about anything other than paddling and listening to the guides instructions. Before you know it you're through the Cat 3 and 4 rapids and then into the gentler part of the trip. There was some hanging around waiting for other rafts and the latter part of the trip is very tame. By the time we'd finished it was very windy so getting into the warm bus was a relief. The BBQ was ready within 15 mins of returning to the lodge, very tasty and quickly devoured by hungry rafters. The video of the day's event was screened which was great to see the rapids from a different angle. The whole operation is slick and professional and good value for money. We now want to tackle more Cat 4 rapids and wished we'd gone a week later for the Dam release for a real adrenalin rush.

Visited September 2012