“Magic Rafting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine's fun, safety-conscious, value-priced whitewater outfitter on the Kennebec and Dead Rivers, offering trips May 1 to Columbus Day. Magic Falls base facility offers a campground with tent sites and cabin tents, a lodge with king, queen and bunk rooms (ADA room) and a restored farmhouse sleeping 16 for family groups who wish to have all the comforts of home. The base has the area's only outdoor climbing wall along with changing rooms and showers, half court basketball, volleyball, recreation pavilion and complimentary float tubes. Magic Falls is famed for its overnight "outback adventure" that include rafting, a hike to Moxie Falls, wildlife safari, tent camping and campfire meals. Magic Falls was the first to offer a double run of the upper Kennebec Gorge for action-packed adventurers and an upper gorge 1/2 day morning trip called "Cheap Thrills"
Weston, Massachusetts
“Magic Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I went on a Magic Falls rafting trip with three other women, aged 60+ in search of a little excitement. We all had a great time, starting with an excellent breakfast. Our bus ride to the rafts was highlighted by our guide Nate singing rafting songs (popular songs with the wording changed) to get us in the mood. The first half of the trip had most of the rapids and was very exciting. I managed to fall out of the raft at one point, but the guides knew exactly what to do, and I was back in the raft in two minutes flat. The second half of the trip was more restful, and some of us did a little swimming. The day was punctuated by a barbecue. We each had our choice of entree, and the meal really hit the spot. I would definitely recommend a Magic Falls Rafting trip.

Georgia
“Not worth it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

My brothers and a friend and I took the one day Kennebec trip on a high water release day.
For the cost, this trip is not worth it at all. I have 5 complaints - 1. we arrived on time and had to sit around waiting for over two hours while stragglers trickled in. 2. They charge you extra for any gear like spraytops, water shoes, wetsuits, etc... 3. The white water section of the run is very brief, followed by about an hour of flat water. 4. The guides were friendly enough through the trip, but as soon as we got to the take-out, they became very rude, standing around barking orders and conflicting instructions as we (the paying customers) bailed, deflated and stowed all the gear for them. 5. They advertised a delicious "Italian dinner" after the trip - turned out to be a giant pot of school cafeteria quality spaghetti and bottled water.

cape cod
3 attraction reviews
“COllege Tour Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I had my first whitewater experience last summer with Magic Falls and had an amazing time. My college took 15 of us up last August and this August we are returning with 45! The staff and river guides were all friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I am excited for my next white water adventure with Magic Falls!!!

Maine
“Magic Falls Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

When I had the opportunity to go rafting, I was scared to death. The trip itself was amazing, and our guide was topnotch. Everything was arranged for us, including breakfast and a late lunch. The first part of the rafting trip was pure rapids of the highest order, and the last half fairly flat. We had the chance to swim in three places - toward the end of the rapids, in an eddy, and in flatter water that carries you along. I surprised myself by trying the first two.

The River's Inn was a perfect place for a group of people who want to enjoy a meal together and relax and have fun. Everyone who works at Magic Falls has different hats they wear, and all were very helpful and made for a fun experience.

Bring along bug spray if you visit in May or June! The black flies love moving water at that time. No bugs on the water, though.

vermont
“Super Kennebec River rafting adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Date: June 30, 2008
Reviewer: SRL

For years I've wanted to raft the Kennebec River so when a college friend decided to organize a raft trip adventure on this river I jumped at the chance. She selected Magic Falls Rafting Company, and I'm glad she did. They are such a professional operation. The owner and guides were super friendly, very safety conscious and expert rafters. We rafted at a high water level through big waves and the guides got us down the river without any trouble. Following the raft trip we had a great dinner--choice of steak, chicken or fish--and enjoyed watching the video and photos they had taken (which were available at a reasonable price). It was a great experience. I would highly recommend Magic Falls.

Also, if you want overnight lodging in West Forks, they have a campground, cabin tents and an inn. We stayed at their inn (River's Inn) and had a lovely evening and a full breakfast in the morning.