“Portion Size Ridiculous!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Narragansett, RI
“Portion Size Ridiculous!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

The lobster stew is still delicious but I couldn't even find it the serving has become so small! A cup of stew used to be an average size and is still expensive at $8.99 but I could not believe on a recent visit how the cup size was cut in half but the price is the same! I don't even know where you could buy cups this small! They look like they should be used to serve small, tasting samples of a very sweet dessert! We asked the waitress about this change and she said that Billy's decided to cut the size instead of the amount of lobster in the serving because of the rise in ingredient costs. So, she was trying to tell me I was just getting less broth! If this is true, than why would the serving size need to change to save cost! Also, what about all those news articles about how lobster prices are the lowest ever??? Give me a break! That is the last time we will be going to Billy's!!!

New York
“Poor Quality, not as advertised, good service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I went back To Billy's after 2 years of not. Had stuffed lobster, it was not split, the stuffing was nothing more than breading, piled on it. The baked potato was a micro wave version. The price was $29.95, when the same size lobster was on special for $15.95, who would think $14 for bread stuffing. Billy's menu claimed many ingrediants in stuffing, not so. Server was very good, product is very poor

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Vermont
“Gee, I am so surprised by the many rave rerwviews....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

I have been going to Wells area every summer for many years, and each time I tried Billy's was disappointed. I won't go back again. The best steamed lobsters are at Fisherman's Catch, Wells Lobster Pound, and Mikes' Clam Shack. Also, the clam chowder at Mike's is unbeatable. For Fried Clams, I go to Fisherman's Catch, Mike's and up to Two Lights Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth- well worth the drive for the views and atmosphere. I feel that Billys is a bit of a tourist trap. Oh, and I travel in Maine with my own lobster fork so I won't have to use plastic- which can break!

Dover,NH
“Dissappointed too many times”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My wife and I have eaten here several times over the last few years. Sadly, it is mostly hit or miss. One of us always has a problem with the meal, and sometimes we get a really nice server and sometimes we get a lousy one. Obviously this place doesn't understand the word "consistency". We just won't ever go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
amherst, ny
“things have changed at Billy's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

We have been going to Miane for 15 yrs. now. Every year we would eat atleast 1/2 our dinners at Billy's, and had great meals...cheap too. Well over the last few years that has changed. Last June(08) we arrived and ordered at Twin lobster dinner...$38!!!!! we were then told that the lobsters are SHIPPED IN FROM BOSTON!!!!!!!! How can this be when we are in MAINE.... we won't be back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere