“Love The Elmwood - Best find ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Coast of Maine Get a way
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Wells
York, Maine, United States
“Love The Elmwood - Best find ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

About 8 or 9 years ago, a friend of mine and I were going to take our daughters to a local hotel to celebrate their birthdays. To make a long story short...when we got there the pool was closed for renovations. No one notified us and the pool is the draw for the kids, so needless to say we were none to pleased. After calling a few other local places and not finding what we were looking for, we decided to wing it! We drove around trying to find a place to stay. We came upon The Elmwood and the rest is history. We have been going ever since!

Every year, I take my daughter and a bunch of her friends to spend a night at The Elmwood to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We have stayed in a variety of units and each and everyone of them has been neat and clean, kitchens stocked with supplies for us to stay in and cook and there was always a personal touch from the owners. It might have been a guest book or note or coffee on them. This year, there was coffee and at the top of the stairs (we get a 2 bedroom unit,) there was a towel in the shape of a dog holding a silk flower - very cute.

The staff is so helpful, friendly and fun! They go the extra mile and it's nice to be remembered each year when we arrive. They even know how many pool towels we'll need. lol And, speaking of the pool...along with the sauna and shower/bathroom (both newly renovated,) all clean and accessible.

The rates are excellent - well worth it! Also, there are so many things to do in the area and great restaurants, shows and more.

I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the jist. My daughter and her friends and I love The Elmwood - it is something we all look forward to every year.

Room Tip: We always stay on the 2nd floor and we like to be in the back, closer to the pool and have some free...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells and thank you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort once again!

Scott DeFelice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pascoag, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Myself and two of my sisters stayed at the Elmwood over the Memorial Day Weekend and I must say that we were VERY VERY Pleased! The rooms were spacious and clean. The cleaning staff wonderful and like no other! Thanks Vanessa. Very affordable. We had a 1 bedroom condo with a pull out sofa. It was quiet and wonderful. It was about 4.5 miles from Kennebunk Port in one direction and the same distance to Ogunquit in the other. We will definitely be returning! thanks

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and it was wonderful.
Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells and thank you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort!

Utica, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just finished a 3 night stay at your resort in Wells. The only complaint that I have is that the floors and carpets were dirty. I made the mistake of walking around in the condo with brand new white socks on and after an hour happened to glance at the bottom of my socks and to my dispmay they were a dark brown.

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

We certainly apologize for the condition of the carpet in the condo that you visited. We clean our carpeting in the spring and fall of each year but it appears that they had not all yet been completed at the time of your stay. At this point in time they have all been done.

We hope to see you again soon!

Eagle Bridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Elmwood at least 4 times. After a 4 hour trip, it is very pleasant to stay there. The rooms are so clean. The rooms are decorated tastefully with nautical items. I recommend this resort hotel to everyone. I tell all my friends and relatives about the Elmwood when they are looking for a place in Maine to stay. Across the street is a Dunkin Donuts which is very handy.

Room Tip: I have always had a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013

Lafayette, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Perfect in every way. Everything you need, wonderful staff, even an indoor pool if the weather isn't the best. Trolley service to get you all the places you need to go. Location is great, not too hectic but close to all the best spots. Dunkin Donuts is across the street, too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Nick,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells. Than you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort!

Springfield, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Recently my husband and I, along with my sister and her boyfriend stayed at the Elmwood Resort. We rented a 2 bedroom condo for three nights. The rates were excellent and to our surprise we received the third night free, as a special was continued through April.

The condo was very clean and nicely appointed. Every bedroom as well as the living room had a flat screen T.V. and plenty of pillows. The bathrooms were immaculate and many towels were provided for us to use.The kitchen was well stocked with plates, cutlery, glasses and other cooking items. Guests have the choice of a Keurig or regular drip coffee pot. There was also a kettle for tea. Pool towels were available at the main desk. The queen - sized beds were comfortable and roomy.We found the location of the condo to be convenient for day trips. We went to Kennebunkport, Portland, Freeport and Ogunquit. We enjoyed going to Perkins Cove and walking on the Margional Way. We took advantage of the indoor pool which was large and clean. There is an outdoor pool which we were unable to use due to the month.The staff were friendly and helpful.
We will definitely be booking another trip to Maine again and hope to use the Elmwood resort again.I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anne,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Belchertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Elmwood Resort is consistently excellent! We have stayed there several times over the past several years and are never disappointed. It's in a great location not far from beaches and shopping. The condos are comfortable, roomy, and always clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back!! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nancy,

Thank you for reviewing the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

Scott DeFelice

Been to Elmwood Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!