Requested disability access room with roll in shower seat - 85 rooms in hotel- 1with roll-in shower sear and 4 more with step over tub & shower combo with handrail accomodations. Basically one - 1(!)- disability accessout of 85. Was stuck in later for 3 night after having requested and not een toldotherwise wwhen room was reserved. Finally received on last night. Gladly would have left earlier but holiday weekend crowds prevented. My disability prevented me from walking and standing. Hotel knew & didn't care. Disabled & invisible.
When travelers walked in on Saturday seeking accomodations, two clerks laughed as they informed them the were no rooms available for two hours north. ".............it's called vacation planning idiots" the clerks quipped as customers were barely out the door
Also very alarmed to find no controls set on computer to prevent kids from going t o pornographic sites. 3 teens, 2 on 1 computer playing games and 1 on another. The latter was sending graphically pornographic messages and the other two on seperate computer were playing appropriate games BUT were shocked to see previous visitor had been searching for transexsuals and trransvestities in Kennebunkport & Wells (local town). Ironic because staff repeatedly made anti-gay comments and one in particular made a vile comment toward a quest after he left the happy hour with 2 glasses of wine.
Last straw cops were called to intimidate me when I questioned why I had not been told I couldn't use my cell phone in my hotel room. It was 10:30 at night and I had to go outside to make a call ..........OR........use the hotel room phone at the standard outrageous rate.................Hmmm! Cops called by reception because she felt I was alledging a "conspiracy" (Honest, her words...can you believe it?) Cops laughed at reception desk clerk who then stated she wasn't asking me to leave. Why call? Did she trip herself up and panic or had"conspiracy" been alledged previously. Whichever........she used the word and then
panicked. Hmm..........not worth the drama.
Claim to fame is bed which is not great and white comforters are
very dingy .
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Wells-Ogunquit
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit Hotel Wells
- Hampton Inn Wells
- Wells Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit Maine
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.