“5-Star Diner Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Portland, Maine
“5-Star Diner Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Friendly waitresses and a menu that will leave you dizzy. Award winning seafood chowder that is an absolute MUST. I had the cod cakes benedict. The cakes were crisp and flavorful and the hollandaise sauce was some of the best I have ever had. Too full for dessert but man did they ever tempt me to keep eating.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cavendish, Vermont
“Main Dinah”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I managed to fit a trip to the Maine Diner into my day planna because as the "Earl of Cavendish, VT" I have a lot goin' on. You bet you boots they had fresh seafood, but it was a little too fresh for me. I like it to be left out for a few days and dried like salt cod. I especially like my lobstah like that. If you want some nice dried seafood, you'll have better luck walking on the beach and picking up dried pieces of clams and crabs.

Patrick Gray, "Earl of Cavendish, VT"

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Arundel, Maine
“lunch at the Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My friend L and I had lunch at the Maine Diner yesterday. The Maine Diner is a must visit when you come to Maine. The food, prices and service are all first class for down home food and a taste of the congeniality of Maine people.
I had one of the specials of the day, Shepard's Pie and L had the super breakfast. Clean plates sad it all as to the quality of the food.
As always, the Maine Diner is a must!

• Visited January 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast in Maine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Usually very busy, but well worth the wait. Their breakfasts are "famous" - I always get the pancakes and eat too much but they are s.o.o. good. Gift shop next door-good selections-Maine Diner sweathsirts my adult kids loved.

Visited April 2012
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Go for the blueberry pancakes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were recommended to this diner by friends, and it didnt disappoint. We loved it and went twice on our mini-vacation to wells, Me. I had the blueberry pancakes, which were great and my husband had eggs and all the fix-ins. It was wonderful and the new england coffee was so good we lingered for several cups. Great way to start our morning in beautiful Maine!! Its really a great down-home atmosphere and super friendly staff. Don't miss this gem!

• Visited June 2012