We were put in the marsh view rooms at Oxcart, just a couple hundred feet from the sand. Clean rooms, keurig, daily newspaper, and chairs/balcony overlooking the marsh. Fan on the wall with A/C. They have a small indoor pool in the main building with a jacuzzi area. You get vouchers for free coffee at the restaurant stand next to the beach. Parking was not an issue (granted we came after labor day), and Wells has a fantastic beach. Bring your own pillows if you can- theirs are not adequate. They offer free wi-fi but it keeps cutting out. Great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine