We have been going to Lafayettes for at least the last 17 years, and it is the only way to go to Maine as far as we are concerned. This last visit was no exception. They're redoing some rooms and even adding a welcomed elevator to the annex, which is where we love to stay. The new bedding was very nice, and the beds were very comfortable. My husband is disabled and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable about the area, and will go out of their way to help. We like to go there at least 2 if not 3 times a year, and we've never been disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine