My best friend and I took a 4 hour drive to get out of Upstate NY, staying at the Lafayette, after finding it online. Found the room to be a little outdated, but ocean front, and comfortable. We labeled it 'grandmas house', somewhere we liked being and had everything we needed. We ended up taking my kids back for a couple days, and had a blast. It was a rainy day, and the pool was alot of fun for all of us. In September, we went back for a weekend, and took a couple more friends with us. This trip, my room was rented out prior to my arrival, much to my dismay. This was quickly rectified by a very nice desk clerk. I appreciated that, and have made plans to go back in June 2013 for my 1st trip of the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine