We have been visiting the Lafayette Oceanfront Resort several times each year for over 30 years. We kept coming back for many reasons. We have never encountered a room that wasn't spotlessly clean and well-equipped. The staff has always been courteous, accommodating and have literally "bent over backward" for us. During a couple of years of our visits, I had to have extra furniture in the room to allow for medical equipment I needed during my visit. Not only were they able to provide that extra furniture but also helped us bring our equipment into the room--some of which was very heavy. It is impossible to get a bad room. They are all just steps (literally) away from the beach. The beds are comfortable, the shower water is consistent and there is plently of room. It is a great place for families, couples and relaxing. The sound of the ocean is peacefull and soothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine