“Delicious Food & Delightful Service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Memphis, TN
“Delicious Food & Delightful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Merriland Farm is a hidden treasure. The food is delicious and the service is delightful. The lobster benedict is out of this world along with the sweetpotato fries.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Vermont
“Good...but...not so good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went here based on a recommendation on their special Prime Rib Friday night special, 13oz steak for $13.99. We arrived around 5.30pm on a Friday night and were the 2nd table seated in the restaurant. Mind you this was Nov 2nd, very few tourists this time of year. We were told they were out of the Prime Rib special. My guess is they never had it that night even though it was written on their “specials” board.

We ordered the stuffed crab mushrooms as an appetizer, the scallops and bow tie pasta in alfredo sauce, and a 12oz NY Strip Sirloin as main entrees. The mushrooms and scallops were excellent. The steak was one of the worse I have ever had. Could barely chew it. We actually heard another table complain to their server across the restaurant of the same thing. The service was decent; she was nice but not super attentive. Better choices in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went to lunch at Merriland Farm Cafe this past weekend. We were a big group of 7. I ordered the portobello mushroom wrap and as I was eating it, found a long gray hair in the wrap. I very quietly told the waitress about the hair. She said "ewwww" and nothing else, no apology, nothing - she just took the plate away offering nothing. I said, can you please bring me a plate, I will eat some of my sisters chicken? We then overheard someone on the staff say something to the effect of "we will have to get an apology note to her right away". I think they were mocking me. I couldn't believe they turned it around on me. As I was walking out, we all noticed a woman at the front desk with long gray hair in a pony tail ....Will never return to this restaurant - good luck to this establishment - they serve subpar food with hair in it and then mock the customer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“The Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

As someone who works with over 90 restaurant clients, I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. Owners Jon and Stacy Morrison know what it takes to turn out a fantastic breakfast. Their homemade jams are outstanding. Who knew there was an omelet as perfect as Jon's? He's simply mastered the technique. Ordered the assortment of potatoes to achieve the ultimate colorfully-plated dish. Lobster Benedict is another standout and enough to keep my very picky husband coming back. Would we travel the extra mile to come here for breakfast? Would we journey through the woods? We have. We will and we hope to continue to do so.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennebunk, Maine
“Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife went there for our breakfast Anniversary. I ordered a eggs Benedict, corn hash, and omelet. The eggs Benedict had a very strong taste of vinegar and it was cold, the corn hash was very oily and a bad flavor. At the end the waiter came and ask how it was everything? I only touched the eggs Benedict and corn hash; I had to share the omelet with my wife... Waiter came back with a full charge of everything... I explained to her that I didn't even ate it; and she didn't gave me even a chance to try something else... She went back to talk with her boss... And came back saying her boss told that he would only charge 50% of the corn hash and eggs Benedict... I was astonished; and ask to talk to him. He came with a very upset face.. I introduced myself and explained the situation and told him that I didn't understand why he still want to charge me for something I didn't eat. His answer was: -" Because I f*** work my B*** really hard here!"... I was astonished how can a business owner could be so rude and disrespectfull with my wife and I. After what he said I called my wife and we left... We will NEVER go back to this place!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Merriland Farm Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Merriland Farm Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.