“yummy” 5 of 5 stars

526 Post Rd, Wells, ME 04090-4021
207-646-0808
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Liberty, Maine, United States
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went to Maineax and sat in the room by the parkin lot. My sweetie had the clam strips and I had the haddock and chips. Both were cooked to perfection. The service was great and the glasses were filled. My cell phone was dying and I found a place to recharge it for the trip home to Liberty. I would highly recommend Maineax for a great meal, good atmosphere, good service and friendly people.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mainiax, Manager at Mainiax Restaurant, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for stopping by! We appreciate your kind words and the feedback.

We look forward to serving you again!

New Hartford, Ct
“OK for a quick dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My mom and I visited Mainiax recently...service was okay, food was okay...nothing about the place was outstanding. Simply okay. Would we go back when in the area? Maybe, but I think we'd try other places first.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for choosing to dine with us! We appreciate your feedback.

ny
“Fun and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great place for families and couples or a group of friends. We were a party of 4 and we all had good seafood meals. Service was a little slow but it was very busy. We would go back again.

Visited September 2012
Thank you for the kind words, and dining with us! We are looking forward to serving you again.

Wells ME
“Best Fried Haddock ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My mom and I go to mainiax for their early bird specials, 5.99 lobster roll with chips and a 4.99 haddock & chips meal, can't beat that! Small portions yes, but that works for me because thats less calories for me and I still get to have something yummy without eating 2 thousand calories! Give them a try!

Visited July 2012
Thank you for choosing Mainiax Restaurant! We were happy to read that you enjoyed your visit. Our early bird lobster roll and haddock n chips are very popular throughout the summer. The size is perfect for a mid afternoon snack.

Come see us again!

Best Regards
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This restaurant is very eye catching with its name and a picture of a moose which makes it seem like a great place to eat, but the food does not live up to its name. I felt like I was drawn in only to experience mediocre food. I was expecting great seafood being that we were in Maine but it was the worst dish I ever had. The haddock was not fresh and the scallops had no flavor. Even the side dishes lacked any seasoning. My husbands beer was even watered down. Not an enjoyable experience. The service was good but I would not eat here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
We were disappointed to read that you weren't completely satisfied with your visit. We wish you had asked to speak with a manager, we would have been more than happy to address any food quality issues. We only serve 2 types of beer, in a bottle, or draft from a keg, we don't have a beer that we mix with water so we are a little confused about addressing this one.

Hopefully you have a chance to give us another try, as you can see from other reviews your comments are the exception and not the rule.