“Great relaxed restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars

526 Post Rd, Wells, ME 04090-4021
207-646-0808
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Central Coast, Australia
“Great relaxed restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I visited with my fiancee and family, and we had a great night out. My fiancee's parents have been here many times, but it was my first visit.

I ordered the fish and chips, which was reasonably priced, and tasted great. Serving size was quite decent! The waitress was also more than happy to bring me out vinegar to have with my meal.

Very interesting decor and a great, relaxed atmosphere. I would be happy to return to Mainiax one day!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mainiax, Manager at Mainiax Restaurant, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! We hope to serve you again soon.

Best Regards

Andover, Massachusetts
“Nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very nice place for a family with kids. Great service, good portions and good value. My only criticism would be the food, while cooked properly, was average quality from the bread to the steak tips and mashed potatoes. The best food was my sons chicken strips and the make your own s'mores.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for choosing to dine at Mainiax Restaurant! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Best Regards
Connecticut
“Dirty, sub par food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

YIKES!!! How this establishment has survived is beyond me. Went for the early bird and the fish (haddock) was very over cooked, wine was cheap, just not a good place. Bathrooms were filthy to say the least as was our eating area. Will not ever go back.

Visited August 2012
Mainiax, Manager at Mainiax Restaurant, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing to dine at Mainiax Restaurant! We were disappointed to learn you were not completely satisfied with your visit. We only wish you had let your server or floor manager know you were not happy with your meal. We would have been more than happy to address your concerns regarding the quality of your food.

We are a family restaurant and serve 900-1200 guests a day, many of these being large parties with several small children. During our extremely busy periods we are constantly picking up the dining room, cleaning and stocking the restrooms although we admit sometimes the customers can get ahead of us in this regard. We do a thorough top to bottom scrubbing and cleaning each night of the restrooms and the dining rooms. (Just ask any of our front staff about the amount of nightly sidework.)

We pride ourselves on the overall cleanliness of our building and as you can see from the many other reviews your comments are definitely the exception not the rule. We are not making excuses for what you experienced and saw whats done is done, but we would like to extend an invitation to come back and try us again perhaps at a different time when we are not as busy. We would love an opportunity to serve you again.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Maine and thank you for the imput.

Warm Regards
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Good for families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is getting an average overall review from me because I feel it's a good place for families but not really for couples. I also got the "lazy lobster" and was told it was the meat of one lobster but it definitely wasn't, so I felt ripped off. There was claw meat and maybe half a tail. The meat in the "arm" of the claw was nowhere to be found and there's no way that the tail meat there was a full tail. However, my hubby had the sirloin tips and they were absolutely awesome! Really great flavor and very tender. So, why the diversity between meals? Who knows. I would go there again if we had a group, especially with kids, because it's very informal and I wouldn't order lobster again, or if I did, not lazy!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mainiax, Manager at Mainiax Restaurant, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to dine at Mainiax Restaurant!

We were disappointed to hear you didn't thoroughly enjoy your lazy lobster. All of our lazy man lobsters are cooked to order we then shuck the 2 claws and the tail. The tail is then split into 2 so the vein can be cleared away. The shucked meat is then served in a small casserole dish with butter and garnished with the remaining body and legs. We sell many of these daily as it is one of our most popular items.

We wish you had notified your server or the manager so that we could have addressed your concerns before you left. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and would have been more than happy to correct any problems.

We look forward to serving you again and do hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Maine.

Regards
Alexandria, Virginia
“A very family friendly place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I finally visited Maniax early this year. I have driven by it a million times but never had a reason to stop in. If you are looking for a casual family friendly restaurant, this is the place for you. The staff is great and the bar tenders are generous. Prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is decorated with a ton of interesting Maine related items including animals (post taxidermist) boats, lobster etc. Plenty of things for the kids to look at.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for choosing to dine with us! We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments online. We pride ourselves on being an affordable, friendly, casual Maine seafood and steakhouse. We hope to see you again soon, enjoy your time in Maine!

Regards