“A lobster roll , not a lobster bun.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 62 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“A lobster roll , not a lobster bun.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We hadn't been back to Mikes in a couple of years. What brought us back was the geat lobster rolls they had. My wife ordered a lobster roll at $12.99 and I of ocourse ordered the jumbo at $20.99. When the order came I was shocked. My wifes roll was barely full with small stingy pieces of lobster. When mine arrived it was on a hamburger BUN,loaded with french fries ,a slice of tomatoe and a few leafes of lettuce.The lobster again was stringly, not a lot of chunks of meat. Need less to say we will never go back to Mikes again. Looking at other peoples orders they were small.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Saratoga Springs, NY
“Tasty Dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

All their seafood is fresh and so tasty. Even in the off-season thy were pretty busy. I had the Lobster Pot pie which is real lobster topped with a seafood stuffing. (You can get it baked or broiled). The portion was small but filling. My wife enjoyed the fried whole clams; a generous portion. Another night we both had surf n turf with an 8oz NY strip with a nice size portion of gulf shrimp and my wife had the clams. The steak was a little on the rare side when we both ordered it medium. Still tasted good. Service was friendly and fast. There's a lot of seating so even in the summer, the wait shouldn't be long.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sanford, Maine
“Mike's became our daily stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I picked up my friend from Florida at the airport and our first stop as we headed to the condo was Mike's. My friend enjoys fine dining and was very impressed with Mike's. We sat in the bar area, very relaxing and had an amazing dinner, haddock, steamers, stuffed mushrooms and a nice cold beer. The staff was friendly and we were so comfy we stayed for a while and then came back every day for a drink during his week long stay. Big fan!

Visited April 2013
Wells
“NOT SO HOT....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Contrary to popular belief, my experience at this landmark restaurant was less than stellar. I went with close family for a birthday celebration in the middle of summer, high season. The food was average at best and not good enough to earn my return business. However, I conitnue to see the parking lot full and the retaurant packed, so perhaps it was just a bad day in the kitchen? I may try it one more time to be sure...

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicopee,Ma.
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit. It was a Friday night and the place was hopping. There was no seats anywhere it seemed and we only stopped in for drinks so we found a table just past the bar. There was live entertainment that night, the singer was excellent. We had a few drinks and left. The next day we stopped in for lunch. My husband had a fish sandwich, very tasty! It was a special on the menu. I had a tuna roll and fries, very good. The wait was a little long, again the place was hopping, so we understood. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu items, at times a little to talkative. But I believe the wait was due to only having 2 waitresses on, with so many customers. At one point a party of three came in and was overheard saying, "I guess we are invisible." This place is very busy so expect a little wait, but the food is very good.

Visited April 2013