“Good quality, reasonable prices, 30 years later !” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 62 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good quality, reasonable prices, 30 years later !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am from the area originally and I used to eat there almost every week during the Kiwanis meetings. We had a living social certificate, so I went there for the first time since the 1980's. It was a good value back then as it was this weekend. The fried clams were very light and crispy. She had the shrimp scampi and that was great as well. The atmosphere is cozy but not fancy. Then again, people have always gone there for the FOOD :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lyndonville, Vermont
“Good food but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Reasonable price - something for every taste. I took a group there and was looking for a place everyone would like without dropping a bundle. It was good. I had some great crab crusted salmon.

Visited February 2014
Wilton, New Hampshire
“Anniversary/Engagement Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My fiance and I went to the Bull and Claw on Nov. 30th for our 6 year anniversary and engagement (that happened 2 hours prior lol). We had attempted to go to the Main Diner but they had closed early. Despite being frequent visitors to Maine, we had never been to the Bull & Claw--we decided to give it a chance. We are so glad we did! The service was prompt, the food was delicious with huge servings, and when the waitress, Amelia, overheard that Bryan had just proposed... she provided us with a delicious and FREE dessert!

When there was an error with our order and I received clams instead of scallops, they immediately rectified the situation and didn't charge us extra or take back the wrong order. There was enough food for us both to eat two meals.

The Bull & Claw made our anniversary/engagement super special and I am so glad we could celebrate there! We will definitely be back and have told all of our friends and family to give them a chance! :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dover, New Hampshire
1,124 helpful votes 1,124 helpful votes
“NICE LITE-BITE BAKED HADDOCK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Returning from a shopping trip to Maine, I stopped in here just before 4:00 PM.

I was seated in a booth across from the gas fireplace which was on full at the time. The glass doors were open so the fireplace was making the main dining room cozy warm.

The lunch menu is available until 4:00 PM so I was able to select from the Lunch Menu, enabling me to turn lunch into an early dinner. I ordered the Lite-Bite Baked Haddock at $7.99. It came with steamed broccoli with a light coating of Hollandaise sauce. That was nice touch. The top of the haddock was covered with herbs that added extra flavor. It was an enjoyable meal.

Service was good.

I’ve dined at the Bull and Claw before. I’ve dined solo and with friends and larger groups. I’ve never had a bad or even so-so meal here. It’s a family restaurant that one can depend on for good meals at popular prices. It also has a Senior Menu and a Children’s Menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Acton, Massachusetts, United States
“Breakfast buffet a hit with kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I brought my grands to the breakfast buffet on a recent Sunday morning. The place was busy and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The chef making omelets and our waitress were especially nice, chatting with the kids and explaining how the buffet worked, since it was our first visit. It's an all-you-can-eat buffet with many different options, including omelets made to order and fresh-made mini-Belgian waffles with strawberries. There's a large fresh fruit bar, plus ample hot choices (eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, pancakes, etc.)
My only complaint was that the portable cooktop the chef was using for the omelets could have stood a good scrubbing...it was a bit of a turn-off that it looked dirty. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant experience. The food was certainly tasty, the kids loved serving themselves and not having to wait and everyone was pleasant.
The price was reasonable, too - $8.99 for me and $4.99 for the kids. They do the buffet on Saturdays and Sundays in the summer, so we will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere