“we will be coming back!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ne'r Beach Motel to your Saves list
395 Post Road / Route 1, Wells, ME 04090   |
Ranked #18 of 28 hotels in Wells
Beverly Hills, Florida
“we will be coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I work at a hotel and I had a wonderful experience here. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room that we were in was clean and well prepared. The grounds were fabulous! I loved the cozy at-home feeling I got when I stayed- truly a family orientated motel!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Scarsdale, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a confirmation for a newly renovated room with a king bed. When we checked in, the clerk did not see our reservation for that room. She said the only other room was a double bed and not remodeled. We viewed the room and when we opened the door a horrendous smell overwhelmed us. It reminded me of cat urine. Of course it was an impossibility to stay here. I'm waiting now for a refund.

• Stayed August 2012
Port Jefferson Station, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here with my son, his wife and two children ages 1 and 3 l/2 - they had the apartment size room and my husband and myself had a regular room. We were so impressed with how clean the rooms were and believe me my daughter-in-law and I have stayed at very exclusive hotels in New York. The greatest was the barbeque area they had with 3 grills a sink and everything else you could want. We had a barbeque our first night there we wanted from nothing - it even had a corkscrew for my wine hahaha- There was one thing that I wish could be changed - the parking right in front of the building - not so much by my unit but by the kids apartment cars are too close to the building - my grandson was riding his bike around the circle and I was running after him afraid of cars coming around - but overall we had a wonderful time and a very pleasant stay at the Ne're Beach Motel - I highly recommend it. Oh and regarding the management Donna (she works front desk) and Mike the owner could not have been nicer to us they were very nice.

Room Tip: I could only speak for my room which was close to the pool as was my son's
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed there with our two little boys. When we had left our computer charger in the room we received a phone call from the front desk. A recorded message on our machine that we had left our charger, they confirmed the room and I told them I would personally pick it. They said it would be at the front desk. When I went to pick it up it was not there!! Less than 18 hours after we had left! One of the staff memebers had ripped it off. Management said there was nothing they could do about it, they refused to reinburse in any way!! She then hung the phone up on me, her name was Nancy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashua, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our son and family were staying at a cottage on Moody Beach so I chose this motel as it was the closest. We had stayed there many years ago. I loved the fact that it had a small, heated pool. The ocean can be way too chilly for me. We paid $139 for a King on the second floor. This particular room had parking behind the building- not paved and rather dusty. When we walked in the room, my husband said, "Boy, if I had chosen this motel, you'd be yelling at me now!" Very simple, very dated. Ugly blue fiberglass tub, hideous gold plastic shower curtain. Thin bit of soap- sink outside the bathroom. Oh how I hate that! And only enough bath towels for one shower. But the worst was yet to come. After a lovely evening dining out in Ogunquit with family ( Bandito's- fabulous fish tacos), back to room and the smelliest pillows on the face of the earth! In fact the whole room smelled of the pillows. Blanket a hundred years old- Not sure they still make those plastic blankets. Now, on the plus side, the little heated pool was lovely. The room looked clean and the front desk person seemed nice. If we had paid $49, I might not be complaining. But we do Priceline often and have been in many posh hotels for $75 so this seemed ridiculously expensive for the bedding we got and the general decor. The website says recently renovated and the building we were in is not old- so what's up with that? Just spend some money on bedding please!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NerBeachMotel, Owner at Ne'r Beach Motel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

First, I would like to apologize that you were disappointed in your accommodations. We are a family-run motel and strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable experience. If you choose to stay with us again, I encourage you to immediately bring your concerns to the attention of our front desk. We're always prepared to address any issues you may have and have many fresh pillows, bed and bath linens on hand to provide for our guests. We're very concerned to hear that your pillows were not ready for your stay. This is not a common experience and, of course, is not at all acceptable. Please be assured that we have brought this matter to the attention of our housekeeping staff. We will be working hard to ensure that this does not happen again for our 2013 season and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

You are correct in noting that our website encourages motel guests to check out our recent renovations. As a family-run motel we simply do not have the luxury of undergoing mass-remodels. With this in mind, each off-season we do invest a significant amount of time and resources into maintaining and updating our property. We're very proud of the improvements we've made, and are continuing to make.

Again, I'm sorry we were unable to meet your expectations this summer but appreciate your feedback. Should you choose to stay with us again, I hope you can experience one of our renovated rooms and have the opportunity to enjoy the convenience of our location, beautiful grounds as well as fresh and modern accommodations.
Highgate Center, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This sweet little motel saved our vacation! We had rented a house that ended up being uninhabitible once we got there; putting us in immediate need of a pet friendly lodging with three rooms. It was such a relief to find this simple but lovely and oh so clean place and meet the very kind and hard working owners. The place was beautifully landscaped and full of thoughtful and welcoming touches and the owners even gave us a break on the already very reasonable price. It might not be the Ritz but it sure was just what we wanted!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Ne'r Beach Motel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Elayne24,

Thank you for your kind review of our motel. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate your family and help end your vacation on a positive note!

We hope to see you again during your future travels!

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times, mostly because of the price. Also, we like that they have lobster pots and a grilling area which has everything you need, including plates, platters, utensils and table cloths.

Recreation on the property includes a lovely, heated pool, shuffleboard, swing set and a basketball hoop. The basketball hoop is located in the driveway right across from some of the rooms. It was annoying trying to drive when there were people in the way playing basketball. Also, some of the people playing had no decency to keep the ball from hitting the cars that were parked in front of the rooms.

This motel is within walking distance to the beach. I'd say it takes about 15 to 20 minutes and there are no sidewalks on the way. Still, it beats paying $15 to park at Wells Beach for the day.

The rooms are pretty basic, nothing luxurious. They do have a large mini fridge and a microwave. They do not have hair dryers in the rooms. You will have to ask for one at the desk.

The owners seem nice enough. They are a bit addled though. I was overcharged and they took a while to get back to me and to correct the issue. I overheard other guests having similar issues as well.

If you are looking for basic accommodations, this place could save you some money. But, keep a close eye on what they charge you.

Room Tip: Rooms 2-5 are across from the basketball hoop. Some of the rooms are on the 2nd floor, if you can...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Ne'r Beach Motel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Travelsw3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We hope that despite your experiences with the basketball area and the confusion regarding your bill you enjoyed your stay with us.

May is always a hectic month for us as we're busy preparing the motel and our staff for the season ahead. Offering affordable accommodations is a high priority for us and it is very important that each patron's bill reflects this. We apologize that this transitional time affected your check-in with us and will work hard to ensure that our office is running as smoothly as possible, no matter the time of year, for our future guests.

We're very proud to provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere for our guests and are constantly adding to our list of amenities. That said, we also want to ensure that our current offerings continue to enhance our guests' experience. We appreciate your feedback regarding our basketball area and although we cannot guarantee each guest's appropriate use of it, please be assured that we will be taking a more proactive approach to ensure that it is being used responsibly.

Again, we hope that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We're always looking to make improvements to our service and property and it's always a more effective and successful process when our guests play an active role in it - Thank you!

Ne'r Beach Motel

Been to Ne'r Beach Motel? Share your experiences!