“True Maine Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beaches Motel & Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wells
The Beaches Motel & Cottages
773 Post Road, Wells, ME 04090   |
Ranked #4 of 28 hotels in Wells
Manchester, Vermont
“True Maine Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been traveling to Wells, Maine for many years now, and this summer I tried something different, and I am ever so happy with that decision. Joe and Jess, the owners, make every aspect of the stay feel like a relaxing home. They very much so care about their guests far more than any other place I have ever stayed in the past. It seemed like there was no time in my stay that they did not have their door open to answer any of my questions, and they were constantly caring for the beautiful landscape surrounding the cottages. Their son was always so thrilled to be there and always ready to throw the football around with me for a while. I look forward to my visit next summer, Thanks again guys!

Room Tip: Be sure to make friends with the owners. They are delightfully personable people, and always have so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place is all about owner pride, passion and sincerity - Joe and Jessica put their hearts and souls into this property and it shows in every detail. We were meeting my parents who were staying at the Wells Campground so we wanted to be close to them. This place appealed on the internet, and although it is not really near the beach, it's not that far a drive to several lovely beaches. What makes this place extra special is the cute Maine quaintness of the spotlessly clean rooms: it's like the "old days" for me. But, they have all the modern conveniences, including the comfort of A/C, wireless, TV, well-equipped kitchenettes and best of all, the awesome BEDS! They are soooo comfortable! Best sleep of our vacation was here. The linens and towels are top drawer for cottages in these parts. We loved sitting in the comfy lounge chairs on the lawn, or on the screened in porch. These cottages are homey, functional and you'll want to stay a lot longer than a night or two....Jessica was very sweet and let me borrow her hair dryer, too. There's a Weber grill at the ready, and she offered charcoal and lighter. We stayed in cottage #1, and it couldn't have been cuter or cozier. We'll definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Cabins 3 and 4 are under the trees for extra shade, and are farther from the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My elderly Mom and I travel to Maine every year for our summer vacation but this was our first stay at The Beaches. Jessica and Joe at could not have been more wonderful! Our cottage was cozy and our stay was delightful; every effort was made to be sure that we were happy. We will be staying at The Beaches every for vacation from now on!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Haverhill, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've been looking for a nice place to stay for our wedding Anniversary and we finally found it. We rented cottage #1 and it was like no place we had ever been before. The owners were so nice and helpful, they made me feel like I had known them for along time. The inside of our cottage was extremely clean and nice and cozy. There was even a quilt on the bed. Most of the places around Wells have the same pine board and same bedspreads and the same curtains. Our little cabin was decorated so nice it made you love the feel of the place. We had our own little barbeque grill and they even provided the briquettes. The pool was really nice and clean and I really liked the gas fire pit that was pool side. The owners really work hard to keep the place nice and they took the time to show they cared. This place is such a change from other Hotels we've been at, we'll keep coming back!

Room Tip: Cottage # 3 is larger than the first two.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Joe and Jessica are the owners of this delightful property. They are wonderful, helpful, and caring people who take pride in everything they do.

My wife and I stayed in cottage two. It was sparkling clean, the beds were amazing (and I have a Tempurpedic at home!), and the screen-porch was nearly worth the price of admission - all by itself.

Joe and Jessica are very knowledgeable re: the attractions that Wells and the surrounding environs have to offer. They were almost a concierge service! For all of these reasons, and so much more, I urge you to stay in their wonderful facilities the next time you are in Wells, Maine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bennington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We are travelers who like a comfortable bed, a clean room and quiet. Although we stayed only 1 night we were very satisfied and would definitely stay here again. The date we choose to stay all the rooms were booked. The only available lodging was a cabin. It was exceptionally clean and we slept very well. Next time we will try to reserve a room. Just one thing, no breakfast is offered. Owners are on premises and are welcoming.

• Stayed July 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We rented cottage #7 for a week. The cottage was very clean and comfortable.
The kitchenette and the BBQ was perfect to prepare our meals. Joe and Jessica were friendly and helpfull and the location was great!
The least: the pool open at 10:00 in the morning...it's little bit late. But we really enjoyed our stay and we are already trying to book our next visit en 2013!

Chris and Dom

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Beaches Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!