“I only give one mark cause its impossible to give zero” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wells Beach Resort Campground

Wells Beach Resort Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Wells Beach Resort Campground
You added Wells Beach Resort Campground to your Saves list
1000 Post Road, US route 1, Wells, ME 04090   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Wells
Gatineau, Canada
“I only give one mark cause its impossible to give zero”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

First, we were six Camping at this campground altogether and all of us left disappointed (one tent, 2rv and 3trailers)
Second, the problem I see for this under appreciation of the otherwise nice installations is simply a very very very bad management and poor service to the users.
Finally this how my trip ended at the campground: the manager asking/ordering us to move our tent at 9am in the pouring rain the day we were supposed to leave. I tried to argue with this gentlemen (sarcastic) that the borders of each sites were rather unclear or non existing but it was hopeless. I woke up the kids (2-3-10 years old) and my wife and promise them we will never ever come back
This is my story. Take home message: unless there is a new management implemented soon, never will consider going back, horrible experience

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here a few years back and I and my family (Wife, 2 kids, and a dog) were out for our morning walk. My wife thought it best that we put in a load of laundry before our walk and return when it was done (20 min or so) to complete the drying process... Anyway long story short. I told my wife to go ahead in and take care of the laundry, and I will wait outside with the Dog. The owner/manager was walking her dog in an area that was not clearly marked (No Dogs) near the maintenance shed, so I walked my dog over this are as well, more so to get out of other peoples way (sidewalk)... Well you would have thought I just killed someone the way this owner/manager treated me. She pick the wrong day to pick a fight with me, as I refused to move off the area until she did and or my wife returned... She didn't so I didn't. This went on for a few minutes, with her telling me how she was the owner and that I had to hear her out. I told her that I would move off this area if she did (Here is the gotcha - she was walking her dog, almost the same size as mine) this continued for about 5 min until my wife returned, and we walked away. We finished up our vacation week, but have never returned to date, I hope one day the resort will go up for sale, so I can buy it and treat people / customers with allot more respect then this lady treated me. To date we have vacation in the area many times but have never gone back to this campground... We now stay at Harbor Hill Campground located in NH

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orange, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After reading some review on here I was nervous and almost canceled my reservation. I am certainly glad I didn't.

1. Pets are welcome and handled well here. We have seen tons of dogs. All well behaved and leashed. The only spots they can't go is in the pool area and registration building. That seems like common sense to me.

2. Internet: someone else said you can only sign one computer onto the wireless. It's one device per code. You can get as many codes as you want... Just ask the girls at the desk. We had two phones and two tablets signed on

3. Electric. Seemed ok to us. We had no issues

4. Other reviewers reported lots of rules. Yes. There are rules. Just like most campgrounds in MA and similar to what hotels and motels have. Remember - this is a resort not a wooded state park. Families come here to be safe and have fun. This is not the place to expect to come and have a kegger with your buddy's.

Things here are run safely, orderly, and everyone so far has been super friendly and helpful. Staff and other campers. When I had to add extra days to my reservation the staff was helpful and polite. There was good communication and when ere was a question about my confirmation they even called to,be sure there were no mistakes. The call was from Elaine the manager. She was also polite and helpful. Not sure if its the same person that others have issue with but she as ok to me.

As for complaints about early check in fees etc - I Guess you'd have to run a business to understand that things have to run a certain way on order to function properly and that everyone has to be treated the same. All the rules I've seen help make it easier on campers.

The facility is clean and well kept. There is a trolley stop and it's walking distance to a grocery store and some restaurants.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spent two nights at the Wells Resort and found it to be very nice and well kept. I appreciate rules for the enjoyment of all and the staff members we came into contact with were very pleasant. It is a nice location to be able to reach many points of interest. Nice that it is on the Trolley line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just spent 6 nights / 7 days here and this is by far the nicest campground I've ever been to. Staff were extremely friendly, the grounds are spotless, the pool was perfect, bathrooms and showers incredibly clean, even the laundry room was well maintained.

I don't understand all the negative reviews about this place, maybe I didn't meet the one bad egg, but I did interact with many people from the front desk, to security guys to the grounds crew and all were very friendly.

There are many rules, as there should be, everyone around us, including ourselves followed the rules and there were no issues. One night the security guard stopped by our site around 11:00pm and just said "don't forget fires are out at 11:30pm", he was very nice about it, just a reminder, I said ok, no problem and thank you and off he went...maybe if I acted like a jerk he would have bit back, but a little please and thank you go a long ways.

We had 4, very active, children with us, all obeyed the rules and never once did they need to be spoken to by the staff.

I would absolutely stay here and highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice clean campground.

For cost, yes its a little pricey, however, I feel you get what you pay for, very clean, safe environment, wifi, multiple play grounds, movie nights for the kids, etc... I also looked up other campgrounds in MA, NH and ME and many of them are also pricing their nights based on just 2 persons and then each additional person is an additional cost.

Room Tip: Request sites near the middle restrooms and playground, lots of tree cover, close to restrooms and k...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
burlington vt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have stayed at this campground for many years and every year it gets worse. If you need help from someone other than the check in clerks, ie the manager, you are treated poorly - she should be fired! This isn't only my opinion, other campers that have stayed here have the same opinion - even the seasonal campers. They may think that they have a captive audience, but they don't, especially when you don't see a campground full on the 4th of July weekend. The price keeps going up and the amenities down. Not that many years ago we used to have a trash barrel on our site, that the campground emptied, not any more. Beautiful surroundings - to bad the people that run the place don't treat their customers with more regard. Will miss the beauty, but not the mistreatment, we will never camp here again - remember campground owner & manager that there other kids on the block and they do care about their customers!!! Adios Amigos

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I guess we all have had bad experiences at this campground. My tire was 2" on the so called grass,I have better grass in my basement, The man on the golf cart would not leave til I moved the truck off the grass, I have camped for over 35 years, I have never seen rules like they have, They nickel and dime you to death. they start at 9:00 pm telling you to have the fire out by 11:30. I told them I read the rules and I'm 62 years old and very responsible, Too much to deal with here when you come to the area to relax. We now camp at The Sea Vu just up the road. Very nice folks and a very nice campground with a view of the ocean.

Rick from Maine

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wells Beach Resort Campground? Share your experiences!