“We love the clam chowda . I stay with in walking distant so I usually get take out . Staff is always friendly when you walk in .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boon Island Ale House

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 58 restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Casual, Comfortably Elegant Chef Inspired Restaurant with a Nautical flare.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I have gone by my self or with friends staff is always friendly . I get the clZm chowda and haddock bites , a great value

• Visited May 2013

82% Recommend
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff was friendly and was great at checking in and making sure our drinks kept flowing. When my husband and I were deep in conversation the staff kept an eye on our needs but from a near distance. They seem to know exactly when we needed something without being prompted. The owner and chef stopped by our table to ask how things were. The food was sensational!!! The best scallops I have ever had! Seafood is something that is easy to over or undercooked. Here they were cooked to perfection! You can taste the quality and freshness in their food. I would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Maine, United States
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went this evening for the reopening. Food was excellent and prepared to perfection. Had the pleasure of meeting the new Executive Chef Jeff Burgess. Tuna Tartar was wonderful and so fresh. Clam Fritters a must try.

• Visited March 2013
Rochester, New Hampshire
“Excellent everything!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visited BIA finally...for the Sunday brunch. The food exceed our expectations..everything was made to order and the portions were exceptional. From the lobster and cheddar omelet to the crab cake eggs bebe..with a real hollandaise sauce! Not the mention the fresh beer..quite a selection. Excellent dining! Can't wait to go for dinner.

• Visited February 2013
hartford,CT
“another fabulous dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I returned to Maine and decided to vist Boon Island in their new location.....I was always a fan of the food, but wanted to see the new digs. We were a party of 5 with a reservation. We were promptly seated and a pleasant waitress immediately attended to us. There were a number of specials as well as some of our favorites like Lobster Mac and Cheese. The house salad is a unique marriage of flavors with goat cheese, walnuts, roasted red peppers artichokes and lettuce. My daughter thought the caesar salad was superb. The rolls were warm and plentiful and shortly before we ordered the owner stopped by to welcome us and see if we had any questions. I ordered the short ribs accompanied with pumpkin ravioli. The beef was fork tender, with a flavorful sauce and was a generous portion. My daughter had a custom made artisan pizza and my son in law had sirloin tips which were also flavorful and tender. The service was exceptional and the decor very soothing. When the owner overheard us mention that it was my Birthday, he arrived at the table with a french toast pound cake with marscapone and berries......very classy gesture. I have vacationed in Maine for over 15 years and I can honestly say that I have never had a better meal........you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013