“East may be better than Far East” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 62 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Chinese
Pelham, New Hampshire, United States
“East may be better than Far East”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Love it, love it, love it.

We stumbled upon the grand East Restaurant this past Sunday and what a treat. Fantastic Asian cuisine. The buffet literally had everything you can think of on it and super hot and delicious. Sat quickly and servers were great as well. Little sushi, soup and peel and eat shrimp to start and on to the main courses. Prices were a little high for the adult plates but food was worth it. Kids' prices were reasonable. We will be back and bringing friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong
“Good service, but food bland and a little cold.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Sunday dinner visit; server was great, but food 'not so much' . Spring rolls were hot at one end and cold at other. Obviously precooked, refrigerated but not adequately reheated. Main courses looked good and portions were large, but taste was unfortunately rather bland. Price was OK and in expected range. Ambiance was OK. Parking easy. Staff friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Winchendon, Massachusetts
“Can You Enjoy Good Food If The Place Is Dirty??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We ate lunch here, and were so disappointed.
We were seated by the front window, and I could immediately see the silverware was just plain dirty, ugh. Everything seemed slightly dirty here which surprised us, as we had visited many times before with no such issues.
I ordered the General Tso's Tofu, my husband a Thai curry dish, both delicious. (We had been given all new settings, and an apology, but the server seemed to know nothing about the food at all.)
I feel bad for the food, because it was so good, yet in such a rundown place, it suffered. I couldn't just eat comfortably, I felt like a Dr. doing a post mortem, checking every bite before it passed my lips. What a shame!
This old gem deserves a full scrub down, drapes cleaned, every surface should be fully washed before they even open the doors to one more customer! Sad.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not Hot”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We tried the Sunday buffet out of curiosity. There were few choices that tasted great, but they did try to offer a variety. The shrimp walnut dish and egg rolls were really good and it liked that they served tea with the meal. The waiter was a young man who was polite and efficient. The atmosphere was not welcoming otherwise and clean plates for the buffet were hard to find. I had to reject a few that could be run through the dishwasher better.

The price was not great, especially when prices are less in NY metropolitan area for buffet meals like this.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, MD
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I went there last night with a friend of mine. We both got the dinner combos, which was an egg roll and a meal. I got the beef and broccoli. They were $10.75. I forget what my friend got. I also got a Pepsi as I didn't care for the hot tea. The waitress was friendly and got our food to us pretty quickly. The meal was good, not outstanding, but still good. We also got a dessert and split-just enough as we were full from the meal. We were given fortune cookies, which unfortunately, were stale, which is not unusual in the humid summer. I had been once before and liked it enough to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere