The two bedroom, two bath suite was more like staying at a friend's apartment (who is very neat and clean) than any generic hotel. Beachy decorations abound (although I think all tablecloths. bathroom rugs and decorative pillows are useless linens that should be chucked) and lots of room; 1600 sf meant everyone even got their own closet. Even though large, it's still cozy and comfortable. The full kitchen was great, really enjoyed our breakfasts at the kitchen island and on the patio with a view of the salt marsh and ocean. There were puzzles and games in the suite for late night fun; and the washer and dryer were perfect for drying swimsuits...since we went right from the Village's big waterfall pool, and then took the five minute drive to Wells Beach..which has nice, cold surf. My brother really liked the large dining room with table for 6 for spreading out and getting some work done. High ceilings were a plus for air circulation and in the morning we were all like, "The mattresses are SO great!" Very convenient location for exploring (the legendary Maine Diner is nearby and Old Orchard Beach is "wicked" fun) or just hanging out and getting a few movie rentals or bbq by the pool. Great choice for reunions with family or friends that want to share meals and chill. Staff was friendlier than Disneyland at check out and check in and a man in a golf cart swung by and offered help with our bags. Check out would be more comfortable if it was later than 10 a.m. because we brought alot of stuff!
- Also Known As:
- Village By The Sea Hotel
- Village By The Sea Hotel Wells
- Village By The Sea Wells, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Suite Resort Hotel. Condominium resort hotel featuring spacious 1 and 2 bedroom condominium suites. Indoor heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, seasonal outdoor pool, gas grills, Bocce ball court and basketball court. Situated on 11 acres bordering the Rachel Carson Wildlife Preserve and tidal salt marsh near Wells Beach. Great location between the popular tourist towns of Ogunquit and Kennebunkport. All units with living room, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen. Wedding and Meeting facility with a variety of meeting spaces including Maine Ballroom and intimate Kennebunk Board Room, for inviting events by the sea. Free Wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Village by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.