“A Beautiful, Idyllic Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor House Country Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Harbor House Country Cottages
You added Harbor House Country Cottages to your Saves list
42 Harbor Road, P.O. Box 1716, Wells, ME 04090   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Wells B&B and Inns
Rutland, Vermont
“A Beautiful, Idyllic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A beautiful, idyllic place in Wells, Maine near the ocean is the Harbor House Country Cottages. Friends and I have enjoyed many wonderful stays here in the greenness of New England summer and its autumn blazing foliage under arching blue skies. The cottages are quiet, tree shaded, rippling brook bordered with many amenities. Dennis and Bonnie, cottage keepers, are the greatest! Beaches, quaint surrounding towns, gourmet restaurants abound. Book stores and antique shops beckon. The Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge says "Explore me." There is something special here for all ages. You will want to return.as us again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
chittenango
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been to wells for 30 years. After my Aunt sold her house on ocean ave 4 years ago we have been left to find our own vacation spot. We have been to many hotels but they get expensive. After searching the internet I came across the Harbor House Country cottages. I was a bit scared because I was booking for 3 families and wanted it to bee perfect.They are adorable. WE had the appledore which I think was the best. There is a small sitting area and a flat screen Tv. The couch is too small to sleep on though so don't plan on throwing an extra person in the house. Every house was different. I loved the screened in porch. A key for me.( 2 of the cottages have the porch). Everyone that came in our group said how clean it was. I really think Bonnie and Dennis do it all. The finishing touch on all the accessories was well planned.They did not just throw junk in the houses. They came around every few days to make sure things were O.K. We drove (about 3 miles) to Drake island beach every day ( my favorite beach). If you walk down harbor rd to the looney binz they will have you pick a lobster and cook it for you to take back.picnic tables are at the house. Clothes lines are out back. You feel like you are at your mothers house.The IGA grocery is right across the street and so is the laundry mat. The trolly stop is next door.I was worried because we were behind the fire house and I thought the whistle would blow a lot but I don't think they use the whistle method anymoreThe only thing that could have been better is if they supplied extra garbage bags, papertowels and toilet paper. That ,you have to buy. I just wish there was a hot tub or pool . The cottages are for sale and I wish Bonnie and Dennis luck. I hope the new owners are as clean and friendly.

Room Tip: if you like to watch TV the appledore has a small couch for watching and the best T.V( we did not se...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hudson Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Over the years we have stayed in Atlantic Rose, Appledore and Edgewater. Each cottage offers its own charm. The cottages are well kept, clean and the location is peaceful! When we first visited the cottages our children were smaller and the location was ideal, absolutely no traffic!

The owners, Bonnie and Dennis are like visiting with old friends.

We look forward to returning to 'our' cottage in just a few short weeks!

The LaFontaine's

Room Tip: Appledore receives the most sun. Robin's Nest is cozy and perfect for the romatic getaway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rutland, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

"an enchanting, idyllic, and renewing place evoking return"

Room Tip: Talk in advance with the cottage keepers. They are wonderful and alwaysd very helpful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Somewhere, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have been coming to the Harbor House Country Cottages for several years. We travel all the way from Louisiana! We have stayed in both the Appledore and the Atlantic Rose. Bonnie and Dennis clearly take great pride in the cottages as it is apparent by their attention to detail. Both of the cottages we have stayed in have been exceptionally clean and have all of the amenities needed by a family. The cottages are located on the trolley route and are close to area beaches and restaurants. Having grown up in Maine and (foolishly) moved away years ago, my family and I look forward to coming to Maine each summer. Thanks to Bonnie and Dennis, I am able to provide my children with a Maine summer reminiscent of my own childhood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Harbor House Country Cottages? Share your experiences!