“Buyer Beware.....pictures can be deceiving” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kawanhee Inn Lakeside Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weld
Kawanhee Inn Lakeside Lodge
You added Kawanhee Inn Lakeside Lodge to your Saves list
on Webb Lake off Rt 142, Weld, ME 04285   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Weld B&B and Inns
Vermont
“Buyer Beware.....pictures can be deceiving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Based on a review the Inn's web site...this looked like a high-end.rustic Maine inn with outstanding food. My wife and I came to the inn for our anniversary and we were disappointed. We rent a cabin for three nights in late September.....the inn was set to close in a few weeks and maybe we just arrived when things were shutting down. Our Cabin # 2 was described on their web site as Chef Brian's favorite....he would have been very disappointed in the kitchen...two people could not fit it at the same time....the refrig had no door handles...the utentials were "flea market" at best..the pots were mismatched and of poor quality..they offered just 4 plates...4 galsses...a few bowls....just two small wine glasses....I would hate to see a small family have to cook out of this place for a week.....all of the cabins are privately owned and are have nothing to do with the inn....therefore the quality varies greatly.....we booked ourselves for two inn dinners during our stay..but went into Farmingdale the second night because we were so disappointed with our first dinner....the pictures on the web site show beautiful food presentation.....when in reality it was average....I had a lobster pasta primavera dish that had absolutely no flavor....the sauce was like warm broth...my wife's roast beef was okay but no great presenation....we sat in the main ballroom on fold out chairs...with pots of dead flowers around from a previous wedding .....maybe this place in better in mid-summer but for us it was a big disapointment.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We booked a two night say at The Kawanhee Inn after visiting the Acadian Seaplanes web site. The restaurant at Kawanhee Inn was equal to a five star restaurant in either Boston or New York City. The quality of the food and the wait staff was second to none. The prices for the dinner were far below what you would expect in a big city. Tom the manager, and Katie the bartender go above and beyond to make sure your stay is first class, which it was. We will return next year. While your staying at the Kawanhee Inn, book a seaplane fight with Keith at Acadian Seaplanes, you will not be disappointed. This will be the highlight of your trip, as he will pick you up at the dock at Kawanhee Inn and fly you over the area and explain all the sites.

Room Tip: Any room with a private bathroom is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I brought my wife, mother and little brother to the Kawanhee Inn to stay before we went to a Reunion at Camp Kawanhee. The Kawanhee Inn is one of my favorite place on earth. I have myself worked in the hospitality industry running resorts from Alaska to Belize and I have to commend the staff and owners for everything they do to make us feel at home while we where there. Our dinner was wonderful, atmosphere on the deck in the evening unbeatable, view of MT. Blue State park so breathtaking, and the continental breakfast in the am above par for sure.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

We had been to Kawanhee before but had not visited since 2007 and we were overwhelmed with the improvements which kept the Inn's charm but seriously upgraded their offerings. The restuarant is honestly one of the best in Maine and you don''t take my word for it just check the great review in the Maine Sunday Telegram. The beach, dock, lake and boats were as enjoyable as ever and we finally explored the area being wowed by the hike up tumbledown to crater lake as well as swimming at Small Falls. All in all the Kawanhee Inn and the beautiful "un-touristed" area have as much to offer than anywhere in Maine and at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Kork City area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Beginning in 1954, I started my love affair with the Lake Webb area in Weld as a 7 year old camper at Camp Kawanhee. My family is privileged to be associated with the Kawanhee Inn. The new owners are passionate and caring innkeepers delivering great service and maintaininig the inn's rustic beauty. Accomodations, while not lavish, are clean and comfortable and a true reflection of the spectacular mountain and lake country of western Maine. A "time warp" that harkens to the slower pace of yesteryear, the ambience encourages decompression from the daily pressures of life. The Kawanhee Inn is a "keeper" that will lure visitors back summer after summer.

• Liked — Captures the beauty of the area with great hosts
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

Gorgeous location, geniune people and classic lodge. IStayed at the Inn for 1st time in august 2006 and loved every second. New owners have updated Inn since 2004 but did so in a classy and historic way. Food was great, service was great and entire family loved it. If you like the outdoors and want to get away from all the traffic and noise of city life this is the place to be. We took whole family and everyone enjoyed it but this summer we are opting for romantic getaway by the fireplace. 5 stars in our book and thanks again to staff for their great advice on where to go and what to do.

Stayed March 2007
York, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

My wife and I went here for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. I mentioned it being our anniversary offhand to the person booking the room. A few days later on Saturday night when we arrived for dinner they had set aside the best table in the restaurant for us! This is just one example of the over-the-top service we got while there. Everyone is pleasant and friendly, and goes out of their way to help you out with anything.

By the way dinner was excellent. I live just down the street from Arrows Restaurant, one of the best in the country, and my step-sister and her husband work there. I know good food. The food that night at Kawanhee was very creative and tasty and the portions were satisfying.

Only thing I didn't like was the Continental Breakfast, which left a lot to be desired.

The rooms are small and rustic and comfortable. The hall is absolutely gorgeous with a fireplace that is very romantic even in the summer. Kayaking around the lake was a blast, and is included with the room.

The ownder of the Inn happened to be there one night and he was very friendly and outgoing. His genuine love for the place was evident, and helps to explain why Kawanhee is so wonderful.

And don't forget that you're close to some great hiking trails.

I can easily give the Kawanhee Inn 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Kawanhee Inn Lakeside Lodge? Share your experiences!