“Nice Hotel for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   375 Main Street, Waterville, ME 04901 (Formerly Waterville Grand Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Kent, Maine
“Nice Hotel for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent 3 nights and 4 days at this hotel for business, and the stay was fairly average for a mid - Maine Hotel. The service was good when I checked in, and I didn't have any issues with the room, or anyone at the hotel, but I will probably stay at the Hampton Inn across town next time. Nothing special about this hotel, but I am used to the extras at the Hilton chains, for the same costs. The larger flat screen TV and the bigger mini fridge was a nice touch, and the free WiFi worked well when I used it.
Simple issues that I encountered - the hangers are too big to close the closet doors when you hang up your clothes, and the iron holder was partially detached from the wall so the iron had to be placed on the closet floor - Nothing to make me change rooms, and I did tell them at the front desk about the iron holder, but it was something you would never see at a hotel chain that had a cleaning/maintenance crew that noticed the little things on room inspections.
Location is decent, good restaurants within walking distance, but I wouldn't recommend the restaurant at this hotel. O'Briens is a good place to grab a beer at the end of the day, but not much menu choices, and zero to attract a person wanting to cut calories and eat lite. Governors across the street was my choice and it was excellent - with breakfast at anytime.

Room Tip: I a stayed on the 3rd floor in the west side, and it was very quiet. Only one elevator in the hotel...
Green Features: The room had a recycle blue trash can, but I am not sure what they want you to place in this receptacles(paper, cans, plastic bottles)....Didn't notice anything I would call green....but not wasteful either.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Monticello
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently had an appointment in the area and stayed the night here. We used to stay at the Best Western across the street quite a bit but it is now a different name.
The staff was very friendly and the room was nice and clean. It has the cheapest coffee maker I have ever seen. You can go anywhere and get a fairly good one for about $10. I wouldn't give you a dollar for the one they provide. On the plus side, the bed is comfortable and the room was warm and cozy.
The free breakfast the next morning left a lot to be desired; cold food, burnt toast, just inedible. They said the cook walked out and a lady was trying to do the best she could do. The eggs and sausage were cold, the hashbrowns were fair and the toast was burnt. I'm glad we didn't have to pay for it as we left most of it on the plate. Even the room was cold, I had to put my coat on.
I went to the bathroom off the restaurant and the door (which had a hollow core) was falling apart and the toilet tissue was empty and had not been replaced.
Management needs to make certain this place gets fired up for a better experience for the traveler.
I would not stay here again or recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
kspaulding, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Pam M.,

I would like to than you for taking the time to write this review. We value all the feedback we get and are certainly glad you have brought these points to our attention. They have been passed along to the appropriate departments in order to provide better service. We do hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Needed a place to stay overnight while my car was being worked on and Best Western Plus Grand Hotel fit the bill, literally and figuratively. Check in was a breeze - staffed by warm and friendly people - and my room was clean and comfortable.

To top it off I needed one or two (let's call them) "special accommodations" which the staff here accommodated without blinking an eye.

Like I said, couldn't ask for more and no question I would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear theghostwriter,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. We appreciate your comments and will look forward to your return!

Have a wonderful day!
Pembroke, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Our room had a king size bed and was very clean, comfortable and roomy. It also included a small microwave and fridge. They have a Eco-friendly TV remote control which I had not seen in other hotels. Hotel staff were very friendly. Our breakfast at O'Brien's was delicious and included in the cost of the room when you pick up a coupon at the Front Desk! The closet in our room was not very deep to hold the hangers but it was adequate for our short stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Brenda R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this survey. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. we certainly hope that you will come back again on your next trip to Waterville!
mapleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We travel to Waterville area several times a year to visit children and grandchildren – our Choice before was another hotel. The Best Western check in took 30 seconds, the staff was very friendly, the pool was clean and warm and breakfast was great. Best Western is my place to stay now when we are visiting our children!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
kspaulding, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear 83Band,

Thank you for this review. We appreciate the time that you took to write it! I'm very glad to hear that you made the switch from another hotel. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Traveling to Central Maine...we wanted a comfortable place to spend the night. We enjoyed the clean and comfortable room. The room included a desk, comfortable chair and lamp for reading, TV, Fridge, Microwave, and comfortable beds. We enjoyed the salt water indoor heated pool which even had a lap lane! The hot tub was a nice treat too. We checked out the fitness room too. At breakfast, we received a $14 voucher to use in the hotel restaurant-for two breakfasts. It was designed to resemble an Irish pub. The breakfast was much better than the typical free continental in most hotels. There was a party going on in the hotel events room so we asked to move early in the evening. The staff was very helpful with our request and the change allowed for a quiet night and a good sleep.

Dear MaineCaribbeansoul,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review! I am glad to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs. It sounds like you enjoyed all the great things our hotel has to offer. We hope that you will come and stay with us again the next time you are in town!
Mountain Home, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Beautiful area! in for a bass fishing tournament and the area was very scenic. The first time really it visit Maine and it was nice. The hotel was fine, nothing over the top special. Very accommodating people and the restaurant has a fine lunch. Breakfast was a bit lacking though the rest was fine. I would use the hotel again for another trip and it was really a good experience.

Room Tip: The rear parking and room access is the way to go! The hotel is not best for eating, though handy. G...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear RedHornet72653,

Thank you so much for this review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while on a fishing expedition. It was a great time of year to visit our area. We are certainly glad you stayed! We do hope to see you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!