“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Waterville
Orland, Maine
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Had eye surgery in April of this year and emailed the hotel and asked if they gave a discount for people having surgery and if they could accomodate me since I also walk with a cane due to foot surgery. Ken emailed me back and said that I could get the discounted rate I would just have to come in with the papers to prove that I had the surgery and that I would be on the first floor. When it got closer to the time I had to book, I called and told them that I got an email from Ken about what my rate would be and they said they would take papers but that they like the eye doctor's office to call to let them know that I did have the surgery. I went ahead and booked the room and the doctor's office did call them to let them know. The room was clean and the whoopie pies were nice and being right next door to Governor's restaurant was nice since I wasn't up to doing much. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Fireside Inn & Suites. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations to your liking and the staff friendly. I'm sorry that you got two different instructions on what to do to get the medical rate. I'll address this in staff meeting today so we can make the process easier.
I hope that you are well. We look forward to serving you again.

Barry Aslaone

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend event at Colby. The building is from the 1960's but has been well maintained. The rooms are good sized and the bathrooms are small but recently renovated. The bedding and abundant pillows were good quality. The staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was adequate. For $99 for 2 queens , it was a solid value.

• Stayed April 2012
Colebrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

After waiting 10-15 minutes after the leek talking with a friend or relative on the phone, we finally got some kind of service!!!

For over $85 a night we got a room almost as good as any cheap motel with outstanding view to the parking lot!!! And a almost tempting to eat whoopsie cake that we discard right away!!!

We should have sleep in our car but unfortunately Hotels.com already cashed our precious money !!!

The best thing so far is the Starbucks nearby where we must go to wake up After getting inside this so warm heated room since there is no AC available here before May 1st !!! Only heat for the supposedly cold season in Maine!!! We may have to sleep on the balcony after all !!!

Needless to say, try to find an hotel in Augusta or sleep in your car!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Vermonter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

We were in Waterville for business and chose this place because of other favorable reviews. We were very pleased with the large, clean room. Two comfy chairs! The buildings are older but care has been taken to update rooms. All the staff were friendly and so helpful. Shopping moments away and an on-site restaurant are also a plus. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. I'm glad that you found our property clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. When you are returning to Waterville on either business or pleasure, we hope to serve you again.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the Fireside Inn for one night and couldn't have been more pleased. The front desk staff was friendly, check in was easy, and they gave us whoopie pies as a personal welcome (nice touch). The room was a good size, the heat worked really well (it is chilly in April), the room was very clean, bathroom was nice, they use "green" products, and they have a microwave and fridge if you are staying multiple days. There is a restaurant next door, good continental breakfast, a Starbucks next door for your caffeine fix, and a Walmart if you forgot anything .... although they kindly provide us shaving cream at no charge. Great hotel. If back in Waterville again one day, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, especially noting that you are a frequent contributor to Tripadvisor. I am fortunate to have good people who really care about a guest's experience, from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again in the summer. It's beautiful, and not so chilly.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stay at the hotel whenever we visit our son at Colby College. The hotel is less than a mile from the College, so I highly recommend it for parents. It is not a luxury hotel, a bit run down, but very clean, the staff is phenomal and it is attached to Governors Restaurant--diner type food but convenience can't be beat. The hotel does provide free continental breakfast in lobby and free wi-fi in every room--works great!. Tricia at the desk is always a pleasure to see. Right near shopping area--Walmart, Staples, JC Penney, KMart. Minutes from downtown Waterville. Right off I95 at Exit 130 so if you're traveling north and need to rest for a night it's perfect. It has fireplace rooms-though we've never stayed in one and an outdoor pool. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We certianly like to see the parents of our Colby students. Over the four years, we get to know the faces and the names.
I'm pleased that you enjoy your stays with us and that you enjoy seeing Tricia when you get here. I am fortunate to have good staff in all areas who have stayed with us over many years.
We look forward to serving you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Room was extremely clean and quite comfortable. The people at the desk are helpful and very welcoming. There is some early morning traffic noise from the proximity to the highway but the property itself was quite quiet. A generous continental breakfast is included as well. I will stay here again when in Waterville.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for Writing. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, and that you found the Front Desk staff particularly helpful. I hope that you will stay with us again very soon.

Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!