“Great Experience at Wonderful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience at Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

We stayed here September 20, 2006 and we had no problems at all. The lady at the front desk was a little hateful, but other than that it was wonderful. We had a very nice, clean room with nice fluffy towels and a clean comfortable bed. The interior corridors where rather hot, I think the ac was broke in the hallways, but our room was very comfortable and cool. The hot breakfast was made to order and delicious. The maids were very friendly and helpful with extra towels. Overall a nice stay.

• Liked — Clean, Comfortable Rooms
  • Disliked — The Lady at the Front Desk when we checked in
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

Excellent location for visiting Colby College. Great breakfast!! Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

We started out our stay with a little argument with the front desk clerk who didn't believe the price I had confirmed. Choice Hotel has a best price guarantee that if you find a price for the same room cheaper on another website, they will match it plus give you 10 percent off. I did that and had my confirmation with the new price. The clerk argued with me in front of other customers, which I didnt appreciate. We got the rate though, and the room was awesome! A two room suite, the bedroom had 2 queen beds and tv. The closet was large, and the bathroom was nice size also with a deep sink. The living room had a giant bigscreen tv, that made my kids happy! Also, a full size fridge, micrwave, stove, oven, dishwasher, etc. Very roomy, clean and nice. The breakfast the next day was good, sausage, eggs, breads, pastries, potatoes, pancakes, juice, milk, coffee. We did miss the fresh fruit and yogurt that is usually served with full breakfasts. Apart from the little skirmish when we checked in, I would rate our stay a 10. I would definately choose this location should we have occasion to travel to Waterville again.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

Not sure why our visit was so different from the other visitor who had such a bad stay in June. All I can surmise is that someone from Comfort Inn's corporate office read the earlier review and insisted that changes be made.

We stayed two nights in the Comfort Inn & Suites, once en route to our final destination, and again 10 days later on the way home. We found the hotel clean, pleasant, and comfortable. Our room was non-smoking and did not smell like smoke. We had requested a quiet room away from elevators, ice machines, etc., and this was provided. Noise was practically nonexistent.

The first morning, which was a weekday, the free breakfast was cooked to order, and choices included sausage and eggs and French toast. It was delicious. The second stay, breakfast was on a Sunday, and they provided a generous buffet of meats, eggs, breads, cereal and juices. Definitely no complaints about the breakfast. The management was pleasant and polite, and we really couldn't find anything lacking in our room.

The location was fine. This is an attractive little college town, with the resultant number of reasonably-priced restaurants and active young people on bicycles and walking. We had no trouble finding businesses, such as the local Applebee's, Wal-Mart, and also a nearby Friendly's, a chain we love to patronize on our trips to the Northeast, since they do not have locations in the South.

One complaint about the hotel: the ice machines. There are only two in a four-lovel hotel, and one was broken, both on our first visit and our return visit 10 days later. That left four levels of tourists using one ice machine, and needless to say, it was usually empty. Other than that, it was a pleasant, economical, well-managed, and gracious property.

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2005

Changed my reservation at the Hampton Inn to stay at the Comfort Inn as it received a better rating. I can't imagine who would ever prefer it to the Hampton Inn! My daughter and I arrived after a long drive to stay overnight and visit Colby College in the morning. The stench of cigarette smoke permeated the entire hotel, including the "non smoking" floor. The walls were paper thin and the bedspreads looked as though they had never been replaced. The place was deserted (I wonder why!) When I told the clerk we would have to cancel our reservation (it was 5pm), she said it was too bad that I would have to pay for the room anyway. I didn't care, I would rather sleep in my car then stay there. Fortunately, the Hampton Inn had a 6pm reservation cancel (they were full). The Hampton Inn was lovely, clean, quiet with very courteous and helpful staff. Do not stay at the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!