“A proverbial Hilton "10" slightly marred by a construction project” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Waterville

You added Hampton Inn Waterville to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Waterville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   425 Kennedy Memorial Drive, Waterville, ME 04901 (Formerly Hampton Inn Watervile / Augusta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“A proverbial Hilton "10" slightly marred by a construction project”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This would have been an essentially perfect Hampton Inn review if not for the carpet replacement project: Supplies in the hallway, carpet debris on the floor and a carpet work at 7:30PM. Should be a one-time occurence though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

This Hampton inn is better than most in the chain. Super clean. They just changed the carpet, and the furniture and fixtures appear to be brand new also.

Without a doubt. this is the best place to stay in Waterville, Maine.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We've stayed at this location twice, sadly for family funerals, but this hotel has been great to come back and relax to after a stressful day. Cookies at night, clean rooms, very nice buffet breakfast in the mornings, and friendly staff. The only negative I can say is that their Wifi could be faster as it felt like two anemic hamsters were powering the entire hotel network.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Albany, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year and it has been my favorite place to stay due to value, cleanliness,rooms and staff. Fast forward to this past weekend... after driving 6+ hours my daughter and I arrived to check in (we already had reservations). We walked into the lobby which was empty except for the desk clerk on duty- Doreen. She was on the phone. She NEVER looked up to acknowledge our arrival or the fact I was standing 2 feet away from her. Per her conversation she was attempting- unsuccessfully- to deal with reservation issues for a guest for April and September dates. After waiting for 15 minutes in front of her with no acknowledgment and hearing her repeatedly tell this guest on the phone that she couldn't fix this problem and to call the manager on Monday( and then proceeding to try "different" things on her 2 computers), we sat down in the lounge are directly in her vision. I had been timing this rude behavior as I was incredulous that she did not offer to assist us. After waiting 25 minutes I finally go up, interrupted her and asked how mcuh longer, I was told just a minute and then she proceeded to go back to talking with this guest again. At that point I told her that I wanted to cancel my reservation and gave her my name and left. She told us to "have a nice day" on our way out. I did file a complaint and received an email from the manager that basically said Doreen recollects greeting us and that was busy with a "very upset guest" and then the standard sorry you were disappointed have a nice day. I emailed her back and still have not heard back from that.

Good customer service- I think not and the manager was completely unresponsive to my complaint and was justifying her clerks actions and obviously did not believe me when I said we were completely ignored.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010
spokane, washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Great location for easy access to I-95 . Staff our warm and friendly and treat you
like family .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I'd agree with the other reviewers in that this property is very good. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms were good sized and clean, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Cranston, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

My husband had business in Pittsfield ME the next day - since there is nothing in that area we stayed in Waterville for the night. The hotel was clean and basically fine although the bed (I thought) was uncomfortable. I did not get cell phone service either (not sure if this is the case in this area or not). I read the reviews on the other places of choice in the area and I think we made the right choice staying here. They have a continental breakfast included in the room price but I did not eat/see it. There is a Dunkin Donuts right next door to the hotel and we stopped there instead. There is also an indoor pool to use if you chose. Good location to highway as well.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Waterville? Share your experiences!