“Lo n' Shell's is now called The Cozy Corner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Waterboro
Cuisines: American
Waterboro, Maine
“Lo n' Shell's is now called The Cozy Corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Fresh homemade food, they make their own bread, friendly and tasty! I especially like their reuben sandwich!

Visited June 2012

Portland, Maine
“Excellent food, great new england cafe ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I hate to give this such a good review because more people might start filling up my seat... I love this place. The food is homemade, fresh, yummy and plentiful - a hard combination to find these days. The menu has great variety, the service is excellent. They have good specials which change regularly. The coffee is a bit weak but that is the only area of improvement. We go here regularly because it is so good, easy on the wallet and friendly. It makes a nice weekend brunch.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Top notch breakfast from scratch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The made-from-scratch hash was really great: included bits of sweet potato and sported really nice chunks of meat; not greasey and not excessively salty. Also featured home-made bread for the toast, which was also very good. Our party of four all agreed that the quality of food and preparation was far above average. One negative: the orange juice tasted more like Tang than organge juice. This was shocking and remarkable only because it was the opposite experience of every other item delivered to our table. We'll be back to visit this place!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Newfield, Maine
“The best breakfast around, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Gigantic omelets stuffed with fresh ingredients, homemade corned beef hash, home baked bread. It doesn't get any better than Lo-n-Shell's, at least in Southern Maine. My mouth is watering as I write this. The corned beef hash has chunks of meat and sweet potatoes and it's among the best I've had. My husband, who is no slouch when it comes to eating, has agreed to split breakfast when we eat here because I was taking home most of mine and he always ate too much of his. They also serve lunch and baked goods, which I haven't sampled yet. (Full disclosure: I went to high school with Shelly, but that doesn't mean she's not a fantastic cook!) Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant if you're local or visiting - you can thank me later.

• Visited July 2011