“Worst lobster pound” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Bangor, Me
“Worst lobster pound”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just had our worst experience with a lobster pound. My wife and I, son and daughter-in-law and their 2 kids age 6 and 4 went there. I ordered a $22.00 lobster dinner, my wife a 1 1/4 lobster and steamers. The rest had just lobster. Although we came at 5:00, we waited a long time. Then when my dinner came, my tiny ear of corn and my mussels were cold. The waitress and the manager said it was not possible because the lobster and the things went into the water at the same time. Perhaps they left my food out for 15 or 20 minutes? "Impossible." That was only part of the problem. My wife's clams were runny, many hadn't opened and others were broken - they hadn't been steamed long enough. Also, the lobster and stuff was just put on a tray with no place to put the shells or catch the water. To add insult to injury we then noticed there was a 20% service charge added to our bill presumably because we were 6 people (including 2 mini-people). No lobster pound is worth a 20% tip and certainly not for this disaster. A lobster pound is not a complicated affair and it should be easy to do right. I give it 2 stars because at least the lobster was good. Do yourself a favor and go to Thurston's or Trenton if you want to enjoy a lobster pound.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Good lobster, terrible bathroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place was pretty rustic and I had my doubts when we pulled up.

But the food was delicious. We had the steamers as an appetizer. I've never been a fan of clams but I tried these and they were good. For dinner, I had a lobster roll and my husband had the lobster meal. The corn that came with his meal was the best we've had in a long time. My lobster roll was fabulous and my husband loved the bite of it that he took. And it was all very reasonably priced.

But I can't give this place 5 stars because the bathroom was awful.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Hands down the best lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was the best lobster dinner of our trip. And probably the most reasonable. My lobster, 2+ lbs, was cooked to perfection. So was my husband's which was a little smaller Great corn on the cob cooked in the husks. And if you miss the pie, use it as an excuse to go back. I had the triple berry a la mode and my husband the blueberry...unbelievable...the best of our trip! This is the true Maine Lobster Pound. Skip the rest...Go to the best!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, WI
“Absolute Best,,,if you only do it once, do it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Came here the first night and it set the bar high! Could not get it as good anywhere else! You KNOW you're getting the lobster you picked! The lobster roll was packed with tasty lobster too! The only thing I didn't care for was the clam chowder and it may have been my fault in ordering. It was more of a broth base and I was looking for the thick, creamy kind. We drooled over the Blueberry Pie we saw the table next to us buy but we were too full! We went back another evening but got there too late! Whaaa! We wont make that mistake again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Danbury, Connecticut
“chow down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

ok here is the deal....not at all fancy , matter of fact its kind of a shack. now the good pats. great seafood at half the cost of other places. went there sat night aug 10th and we ( 2 boys ages 18 and 15 )and my wife and myself had 3lbs of steamers which were cleaned great and tasted better , 7 huge jumbo gulf shrimp , and each of us has a 2lb hard shelled lobster. omg it was good. blueberry pie and sodas. bill was 110.00 great price and great food. it is also a byob place so bring your coolers. lol

Visited August 2013