As previous reviewers note, this motel is on the mainland, just before the bridge to Mount Desert Island where Acadia National Park is located. We were looking for a dog-friendly place to stay that was reasonably priced, and were pleasantly surprised to find Acadia Sunrise. The price for a room with a fully-equipped kitchenette was amazing. Though sandwiched between Route 3 highway and the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport, the place was quiet for a peak-season property. We were able to drive down to the Acadia NP Hulls Cove Visitor Center in about 15 minutes, even during day traffic.
The room was very clean. The grounds of the motel are spacious, with a clean heated outdoor pool (my kids loved that!), picnic tables, propane grill, and lots of area for our pups to run. We enjoyed watching planes take off and land in the distance.
For those with internet devices, Wi-Fi was spotty in the rooms. We had to sit out by the stairs across from the motel office building to get reliable signal.
The kitchenette allowed us to do a lot of our own meal prep. An IGA grocery store is located about 100 yards south of the motel (convenient, but a bit pricey, so shop at the Ellsworth Walmart Supercenter located about 6 miles north of the motel).
We will use Sunrise Motel next time we visit Acadia NP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acadia Sunrise Motel is family-owned and operated right here in Trenton, ME. Since our family purchased it in 2009, we've treated every customer like they were a part of our family. The Acadia Sunrise Motel offers four variteties of rooms. - One queen size bed suitable for one or two guests. - Two double beds and a futon couch for up to six people. - Efficiency rooms on the first floor have two double beds and a fully equipped kitchen for four.- Efficiency rooms on the second floor have two queen sized beds and a fully equipped kitchen for four. We have a furnace heated swimming pool and guest laundry for long staying customers.Our family has been in the motel business for 16 seasons and we like what we do, offering people quality accommodations at very affordable prices. Our customer base spans the entire 16 years we have been running motels with families coming back every year to see us and moving from each motel we have owned to stay with us. For that we are truly thankful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Acadia Sunrise Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acadia Sunrise Hotel Trenton
- Sunrise Hotel Trenton
- Sunrise Motel Trenton
- Acadia Sunrise Motel Trenton, Maine