“Lobster and bbq doesnt get any better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Trenton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Barbecue
Westfield, New Jersey
“Lobster and bbq doesnt get any better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Great lobster and excellent bbq by the road. You cant tell just from the road but best meal of our visit to mdi. A Must

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great lobster and Texas style BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We live in the south so we know our BBQ and have pretty high expectations. We enjoyed this place so much that we went here twice. The first time I had a lobster roll which was some of the better lobster I experience on our trip. And the corn was cooked perfectly. Next time I had the brisket and pulled pork. The pork has a strong smoky flavor and the brisket was very tasty. My husband had ribs and they fell of the bone. Overall enjoyed this place. It is a bit high on price but it seemed most restaurants in that area were!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin MA
“BBQ at a lobster pound?? Well done!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent the weekend on Mount Desert Island and were looking for lunch as we headed out. I love BBQ and I love lobster so there were lots of choices. I intended to get lobster but the smokers were cranked and smelled great so we got pulled pork sandwiches. They were excellent! The flavors were well balanced and rich. The smoke was not overwhelming as often happens at BBQ places. It was definitely some of the best pulled pork we've had. I like to make my own on my smoker and I'm very partial to my recipe but this was better. I highly recommend it. I wish I had the room for a grilled lobster...it looked good, too. Good selection of craft beers as well.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't Miss This Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are on vacation in Bar Harbor from Boston. This restaurant is a must try! the owners were super nice, and the waitstaff was very attentive in a very low key way. we did outdoor seating on picnic benches, and it was perfect, as it was a gorgeous night.

As far as the food goes, you will not be disappointed! We eat seafood a lot, usually at Cape Cod, and fried clams are my favorite. Honestly? These fried clams were the best I have EVER had. The batter was light and crispy, not heavy or greasy, and the hand cut fries were great, too. My English husband had the fish and chips. He is particular about them, as the stuff in the US does not compare to that in the UK. He really enjoyed them and the clam chowder. My daughter had an appetizer sized lobster Mac and cheese, which as yummy. Too much for her, since she had a cup of chowder, too. We got a slice of blueberry pie and a whoopie pie to go, which we just ate at home. The whoopie pie was incredible. Very chocolatey with a perfectly sweet cream. The blueberry pie was delicious, too. Stopped off for vanilla ice cream to do an a la mode at home, and it was great!

We are thinking we might go back one more time to try the ribs! The owners are from Texas originally, so they are bound to be good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“No frills, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Maine most of my life and always knew of this place, however it took moving away for over ten years and coming back as a tourist to really discover it. What a great place. Fresh fresh lobster. Great prices. Good eats. This place will be on our next Maine vacation itinerary again!

Visited August 2013