“Breakfast -- yum” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Boston
“Breakfast -- yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Adorable, very Maine-ish, good food in generous quantity. Plus I liked the serve-yourself coffee. Blueberry pancakes here are special....buttermilk, perhaps?

One problem: open only a few days a week....can't remember which.

They serve lunch too, but we didn't try it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Pancakes were "irresistible!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We just spent a week in Little Deer Isle, and one of the highlights was our breakfast at Susie Q's, a lovely, unpretentious little spot just off the main town road. We had blueberry pancakes, which my 7-year-old daughter says were just irresistible... they were light and fluffy, and the local blueberries - plump and flavorful. We also had some of the most perfect poached eggs I've had anywhere. The coffee (they roast their own organic beans) was delicious, and the service affable. This place is a delight, and a must for any visit to Stonington. Thanks Susie Q. We can't wait to come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Michigan
“A little pricey, but generally good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

First of all, let me say I HATE pancakes, but heard they were good at this restaurant so we decided to try it. It extremely casual and when you walk in you tend to feel like you have walked into a party to which you haven't been invited. Coffee is help you self. On our first visit 50% of the numerous flavors were empty. Once they were replenished, they were very good. The blueberry pancakes are VERY good: not too heavy and just laden with those marvelous maine blueberries. The menu is rather limited and somewhat pricey: $3.75 for one pancake and then another couple bucks for 2 slices (small) of bacon. They have daily specials which are also pricey, but I imagine good. It's worth going to just to try the pancakes but I couldn't swing going every day. They also have fresh baked goods for purchase. I had hoped to pickup some blueberry coffee on Sunday to serve on monday, but when I asked how fresh it was I was told it was made the previous Tuesday, so I passed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Deer Isle, Maine
“The Best Place For Cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've been buying cakes from Susan for years! When ever I have a big party, she always comes through for me. Today we celebrated my Aunt's 90th birthday with a fantastic carrot cake - most, flavorful, and just sweet enough - and a chocolate cake decorated with beautiful edible flowers and writing. Who could ask for more?? They were both delicious and most everyone went back for seconds! This place made memories for my family today. Thank You!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston,MA
“Genuine local and friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had breakfast twice this week at Susie Q's and we cleaned our plates both times. Best of all is the service which is local, genuine and friendly. They serve excellent coffee and I though the prices were very reasonable.

Visited August 2014