“Bait and Switch Tactics Used Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mousam Valley Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Springvale
Mousam Valley Motel
You added Mousam Valley Motel to your Saves list
53 Main Street, Route 109, Springvale, ME 04083   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Springvale
Cape Cod
“Bait and Switch Tactics Used Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

I booked a stay and told the owner I had a dog. He told me they allowed dogs. My first phone call to him was to inquire about rates. He quoted me $55. I told him I needed to think about it. I called back a few hours later and confirmed the rate and also confirmed I had a dog that I would be bringing. He again quoted me $55. I booked. After driving all day (hours and hours) to get there, when I arrived he had changed the rate to $65. I questioned him about it, and he said since I had a dog he decided I would need a bigger room and that cost $65. I told him that wasn't what we agreed on, but he wouldn't change his mind. This is what you call bait and switch, and it's unethical as far as business goes! If it wasn't so late and if I thought I could have found another place to stay at that late hour, I would have left, but he had me over a barrel and he knew it. Very poor way to do business. His dog was in the office and stunk to high heaven. The owner was filthy and dirty himself. No way for a professional to present themselves. There were big stains on the carpet in my room and also stains on the bedspread. The room felt so filthy and grimy, I refused to take a shower there and rather waited until I got home. This was by far the worst and most disgusting motel I have ever stayed at. I will never return there, and I would suggest anyone thinking about it opt for another choice unless you want to be bamboozled too.

• Liked — Nothing it was horrible!
  • Disliked — It was filthy, and the owner charged me more than he had originally quoted me.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Springvale hotels

Solo

Been to Mousam Valley Motel? Share your experiences!