“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Breakfast Only Resturant
MA
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Delicious food and coffee. We had traditional breakfasts - one eggs and the works, the other pancakes and yogurt - fantastic! We were only the second table in there, so it felt like our own private breakfast. We found the earlier you got to a restaurant in the morning, the better - as we're early risers this worked out for us!

Detroit, Michigan
“Best Service and Ambiance For Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had a nice breakfast here. Of all the places I tried in Southwest Harbor, Sea Biscuit had the best service -- friendly, on the spot timing and very helpful. Quite a pleasant experience. The restaurant itself was very nicely decorated -- again the best in Southwest Harbor. Each table has a unique story called "Maine Traditions" and lots of photos, a homey, comforting decor that really worked for breakfast. i started with fresh squeezed orange juice which is always a nice treat. Also got homemade oatmeal bread toast with homemade strawberry-rhubard jam. It was awesome and I was really happy to see that the jam can be purchased and taken home in jars. Ordered the lobster omelet -- it was so large and came with so many potatoes I couldn't finish (rare for me!). The omelet I would say was good but not great and nothing distinctive on the plate. Coffee was just average and could stand to be upgraded

Ottawa, Canada
“"Homemade and Fresh"... Ya right.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I didn't think that it was possible to screw up breakfast but apparantly it is. We should've known better than to go an EMPTY all day breakfast place that's for sale. My husband and I ordered a sausage, egg & cheese breakfast sandwich on a croissant with a side of homefries and some coffee. The coffee was brought to our table right away and must have been made much earlier as it was very strong (tasting burnt) and cold. About 3 minutes later, our breakfast showed up. The homefries were old, very dry and microwaved. The sandwich was definitely something else... The croissant was practically dripping in butter, the sausage was the frozen store bought kind that oozed grease and fat (my dog wouldn't even eat that) and the egg was so salted that I couldn't taste it. Add cheap cheese slice and voila, a $25 breakfast at The Sea Biscuit.

Don't expect quality "homemade" food. HUGE dissapointment. Avoid this place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, NJ
“Popular with many; not me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Cheerful, bright room with lot of breakfasters on a wet morning, but the service was very slow--it took me over half an hour to get served. Coffee weak and luke warm. Looking for something not too fatty I had the breakfast sandwich with fruit. When it finally showed up it was fried in butter and accompanied by homefries, not fruit. (To be fair, they brought the fruit when asked.)

ATL
“Another great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Homemade breads and strawberry rhubarb jam were yummy. Only open 7-11 for morning meals. Worthy of a visit. Nice friendly staff.

Visited May 2012