We stayed on December 13 because we had no power or heat. We chose Portland to combine some holiday shopping with a need to stay warm. We orginally tried the Portland By the Bay Holiday Inn. We have stayed there before, but no non-smoking rooms were available. The Hotel reservation service offered us this Holiday Inn because it was nearby. We took it and were greatly disappointed. First of all they accepted pets. We had a room next door to a family with a large dog. We were also near the elevator. Every time the elevator binged and opened, the dog barked. It was very annoying. Second, the sound proofing was poor. There was a nearby hockey tournament and plenty of pre-teen boys running through the corridors. We heard it all. Then the swimming pool was filled with tepid water. My son went in for less then 5 minutes and came out with his teeth chattering. Finally, the room has a bizarre layout. The sink, vanity & bathroom mirror were in the bedroom. The actual toilet and shower were in a tiny claustraphobic room with poor lighting and not enough room to turn around in.
The lobby was clean and the room was clean. One of the two elevators was not in service when we arrived and people were very annoyed. The parking lot was spread out and it was a long walk to the building. The front desk clerk was uninterested in helping me and not at all concerned when I spoke to him about thebarking door in the room next to ours. He simply informed me his was a "pet friendly hotel." Well, perhaps it should be a little more people friendly or turn into a kennel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites South Portland
- Holiday Inn Express South Portland
- Holiday Inn South Portland
- South Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express South Portland Hotel at Sable Oaks. Renovated in June of 2006, we are updated to provide you with the best service!Hotel features include free local phone calls, free wireless Internet, pool and fitness center, and a complimentary Express Start Continental breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. Recently we've introduced hot items such as sausage and eggs! We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Located conveniently next to the Maine Mall and only a short distance from the Freeport and Kittery outlet malls, the South Portland Holiday Inn Express is a great place to stay while you shop. Just two miles away from the Portland Jetport, our free shuttle will be there to pick you up and bring you directly to the hotel. Visit South Portland, Maine, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Olotels, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.