“Won't go back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
Wakefield, RI, United States
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This property was one of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed in. The lobby, halls and room floors look like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The only saving grace of the hotel was the restaurant where the food was pretty good but overpriced.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to our property. While the content of your feedback is difficult to hear, I appreciate the feedback to hear how our hotel can get better. I assure you that I talk all feedback to heart and I will work with our housekeeping staff to get better.

Warm Regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Skowhegan, Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

.This hotel is very nice. I have stayed at other area hotels to avoid my long commute. The rooms are very clean and spacious with modern furnishings and comfortable bed. The mall is right across the street along with other stores and restaurants nearby. It has a bar and restaurant on sire and offers room service. The hotels online posted rate was $138. I would suggest checking hotwire or other discounted sites. I was able to get this room for $78 with all taxes and fees. I would stay here every chance I get in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. It is nice to hear that you've made our property your "home away from home" while you are in the Portland area. Whether you choose to book through our hotel directly or elsewhere, we are happy that you continue to stay with us!

San Diego, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel offers excellent service, clean, comfortable rooms, and terrific food for breakfast and for dinner (I've never had lunch there.) The staff are friendly and courteous, and happy to assist with any need. Also, the hotel is located across the street from the mall, and a number of other restaurants if you want to go out for a change. Great place!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing our property during your trip to Portland, Maine. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotels amenities, service and location. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the entire management team. The next time you are in the area, please think of us!

All the best,

Waterville, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed here at least three times in the past 2 years. We used a service to get the room and were delighted at not only the price we got, but that we were able to return to this hotel.

The structure itself is probably 40 years old, but they keep up with the renovations quite well. Our front desk person changed our first room assignment when we discovered it was right at the elevators. We then got a room on the 7th floor in the back and it was perfect: quiet, comfortable and again, my chair and ottoman.

We will keep going back to this hotel. Oh, and I love the chocolate chip cookies you get on arrival. There is a Starbuck's cafe off the lobby, and a full-service restaurant, which we have not visited. But all in all, this is a great value near all the attractions of Portland.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our property and taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you continue to come back, and hope to see you again in the future! The next time you do visit, please give our restaurant a shot. The Blue Wave Grill serves an outstanding breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback. Feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you are in the Portland area!

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

It's quite difficult and maybe not needed to write about a chain hotel. But there are at least three things I really liked here:
1. Personnel - incredibly friendly and helpful!
2. Complimentary treats - amazing fresh baked cookies (I gave up my diet for them and have no regrets whatsoever), hot chocolate with marshmallows, coffee, fruits - made us feeling really cozy and comfortable here.
3. Hairdryer - I cannot recall ANY other hotel were I was able to dry my hair in less than 5 minutes (not struggling for about half of hour using dryers provided by hotels, as usually). Being here for a business trip I really appreciated it.
Overall experience was very pleasant and I definitely recommend this hotel for staying if you don't mind to stay not in Downtown. Having a car or using a cab it's not an issue. If you are planning to walk around probably you should consider another location.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our property. While we are part of a larger franchise, we are individually owned, so it is always nice to hear feedback!

First and foremost I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I've already shared your feedback with our management team, and expressed the importance of our customer service to those who see the guests daily.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please think of us in the near future.

Best,

Casco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our large group received a warm welcome. All of our rooms were ready for an early check-in. The internet connection was consistent, and we were able to conduct our business without interruption. The wait staff very easily catered to special dietary needs. Our meeting function rooms were well-equipped and all presentations went smoothly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent visit to our property. Our hotel certainly always enjoys the group that you were here with!

I'm very happy to hear that everything went very smoothly with your group. Hopefully we will see you in March of next year!

Clifton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We checked in after a long and difficult drive. The check-in process was smooth and efficient, and we were in our room within five minutes. We relieved some of the travel stress in the fitness room, which had both cardio equipment and weight training equipment, then grabbed a cocktail in the hotel lounge before going out to dinner at a nearby restaurant. It was a fine weekend in a convenient and desirable setting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay to our property. I'm very happy to hear that overall your visit was a pleasant one. I will be certain to share your feedback with our management team, especially highlighting the front desk.

The next time you are in the Portland area, please visit with us again.

All the best,

Rooms Division Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME? Share your experiences!