“Ok for a one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 20% Today
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in South Portland
Moncton, Canada
“Ok for a one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our return trip from Florida to Canada. It was booked by our tour group leader. This hotel is dated and is in need of some renovations to modernize and update the rooms. Beds were ok, but furniture has seen better days. It wouldn't be my first choice of hotels during our next trip to Portland, Maine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent visit to our property. I appreciate you evaluating our hotel to let us know what you our valued guest feels that we can improve on.

As you may have noticed from your recent visit our property is continuously updating and trying to improve, at the moment our hotel is working on the exterior of the property, and there are future plans for all of our guest rooms.

Please think of us again the next time you are in the Portland area. I look forward to seeing you someday soon.

Warmest Regards,

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The staff at the Hilton Double Tree was friendly and always extremely helpful with whatever we needed. If you get an executive suite, they not only provide continental breakfast with a nice spread of bagels, oatmeal, toast etc. in the morning. Breakfast is not fancy but you also get "heavy hors d'oeuvres" in the evening which, in my opinion, were practically enough to make a meal out of. So, the executive suite and access to the lounge are worth the money. At this particular Hilton, they do it right.
The only detractor, in my opinion, was the location. We did not have a car, so we walked to the nearby "mall" thinking there would be some interesting shops. It is just a strip-mall with the usual fair; Chipotle Mexican Grill (which was not a good one), Toys'R Us, etc. so don't expect any charming local fair within walking distance.
Overall, we enjoyed the Hilton Double Tree very much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your trip to Portland, Maine. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our executive lounge. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our management staff as well! Thank you again for sharing your feedback on our property. I look forward to seeing you again someday soon!

Warmest Regards,

Portland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I found the room to be very nice. The desk chair was worn and needed to be replaced. The bed linen needed to be checked better. There where blood stains on the duvet. I would say the duvet was clean it was stains that didn't wash out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Portland, Maine. While it was difficult to hear about the issues that arose in your room, I do appreciate you taking the time to evaluate us on what we can improve on. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our housekeeping staff, so that we can make sure this type of situation does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please know that our hotel values your feedback and your business and we look forward to seeing you again someday soon.

Warm Regards,

Portland, ME, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Place is very old-looking and needs refurbishing badly - not nearly as nice as other Doubletrees but price just as high. Stayed here due to flight cancellation. We got an incorrect wake-up call at 4AM + at 8AM there was someone outside the door trying to get in multiple times. Ends up the hotel thought we had checked out (in the middle of the night??) and was trying to get in. They did give us free breakfast but too little, too late. What a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our property from your most recent visit. I appreciate your feedback so we can learn what went well and more importantly what we can improve on.

I truly apologize for the missteps in our safety and security. I assure you though that your feedback provides us with tools that our property can use to provide a better experience for all of our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please think of us again someday in the future.

Wake Forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

As a distressed passenger r/t winter storm, I needed to find a decent place to stay through the night. I am pleased that with the multiple options available I chose Doubletree. I had a room with 2 double beds and a great view of the surrounding area (did I mention it was snowing). The front desk was very helpful and both check in and out were very easy. The bathroom appeared to be a bit dated however everything worked properly and the lighting was adequate for my needs. I was very surprised to find that the hotel shuttle would transport me to different stores/places which worked out great for me to fit in some much needed Christmas shopping. I went from being distressed to de-stressed. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your most recent stay at our property. I'm happy to hear that during the stressful travel situation that you had, you were able to enjoy your time with us. Please think of our hotel in the future when you are in the Portland area!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The staff were friendly, the facility was very clean. They provided a wake up call on time - 3AM, and the shuttle to the air port was warm and ready to go at 4AM. Upon arriving back in Maine, the shuttle arrived within 10 minutes of our call after picking up our baggage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Portland, Maine and beyond! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous about where you were going, but I'm happy to hear that everything went well while you were here with us. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our entire staff. Thank you again for staying with us and think of us again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Thorndike, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Doubletree in Portland was great! We went on business and I had an issue that wasn't the fault of the hotel. The people behind the desk, especially Nicholas S., made the experience stress-free for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your most recent business trip to our hotel. I certainly appreciate you letting us know how everything went, and I'm always willing to assist with anything that I can. Hopefully in the future you won't encounter such an issue and you will think of us the next time you are in the area.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME? Share your experiences!