“Good water pressure” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
“Good water pressure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

It may seem like a small thing but I am a big fan of water pressure. Warm cookies on check in..bonus. The window in our room on the seventh floor was big but very dirty on the outside. Our king size bed is very comfortable and we have a good size tv. We enjoyed the heated indoor pool but would have liked a hot tube. No mini fridge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with our property during your visit to Portland, Maine. I feel that you speak for a lot of us when you mention that good water pressure is important to you! Overall it was nice to see that your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed it.
One final note is that our hotel has looked into doing exterior window cleaning once again. Being a building full of windows it is a task that is needed to be done often!
Thank you once again for staying with us and sharing your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lebanon, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very disappointed. I stayed here from 5/9-5/12. I chose to pay extra to stay on the "Executive Floor" due to the way it is described on the website. Per the Double Tree, South Portland, Maine's website (found at: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maine/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-portland-me-PWMMMDT/accommodations/index.html) the "Executive Floor" is described with a bathroom that, "has enough vanity space to make yourself at home. All Executive level rooms include embroidered robes, slippers, and additional bathroom amenities. In the Executive Lounge, enjoy exclusive 24/7 access to free non-alcoholic beverages, morning continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres." The room and the bathroom were both very small, I can't even imagine what a non-executive floor room would be like. There was no executive lounge. There was a sign that said it had been closed and directed guests to the computers in the main lobby. There were no free evening hors d'oeuvres or free "non alcoholic beverages." I had to pay 2$ for a diet coke in a vending machine right outside of my door - NOT FREE! In addition to the false advertisements for amenities that do not exist, I had other issues while I was there. I ordered the grilled chicken salad on Friday night via room service (which was dry and awful anyway, but regardless..) and put the dish outside of my door with the left over food in it . This chicken/salad sat outside of my door until sometime after 12AM on Sunday - disgusting!!!! I also lost power in my room at somepoint in the middle of the night until after 1030 AM on Saturday and because of this, I missed my alarms and overslept!!! The toilet ran all night, I could not get it fixed, luckily a friend of mine was able to show me how to shut it up on Saturday. I do have to say, that I did not complain while there. I should have. The staff did seem very nice, but I was there for a graduation and do not like to complain, but for $140 a night on an "executive floor," I expect more and could not keep my experience to myself. This is why I would not pay to stay here again or recommend that anyone else do so either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
First I would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton in your visit to Portland, Maine. I am so sorry about the issues that arose during your visit and I can assure you that I will be working with our staff and management team to correct them in the future.
I also wanted to clarify a few things. We do in fact have an executive lounge, which is now located next to the business center in our main lobby. This lounge is open throughout the day for guests who pay for that floor and offers complimentary breakfast in the morning and hors de vors in the evening. It is our job upon check in to inform you of this, and I'm truly sorry if that wasn't the case.
Last weekend there was an accident that knocked out power to the property as well as to all businesses and residents in the area. Our hotel did the best it could to handle the unfortunate outage by offering free coffee and free breakfast. The outage was obviously out of the hotels control, but I do apologize for it interrupting your stay.
Lastly, our hotel truly values your business. I appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback that we deserve. Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards,

Bath, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fine hotel, though the lighting in the event rooms is somewhat out of date and minimal. The hotel staff is attentive, the restaurant service quick and the food very good, over all a great place to stay and convenient to both the highway and Airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with our property during your visit to Portland. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and will be sure to share your feedback on the lighting with the rest of our management team. Please think of us in the future when you visit the Portland area!

Turner, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This facility hosts a great event for us every year. We are one of the companies hosting our clients, the event draws about 600 people and everything is always smooth, oderly, well priced, and have never had an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our property for your business event! Our hotel is always excited to host large business events and it is nice to hear from our guests that they run as smoothly as we think they do. Please think of us in the future for business or leisure travel.

Harmony, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great clean place to stay. Rooms are very comfortable and they give you warm cookies on your arrival. Beds are comfortable and nicely dressed. It's right next to a Cracker Barrel and across from the mall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with our property during your visit to Portland, Maine. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will be sure to pass along the feedback to our staff. Please feel free to contact me directly during your next visit to the area!

Bartlett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. It is in a very convenient location. Very clean, staff is very friendly. Overall a great place to stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Prices are very reasonable if booked advanced purchase.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for staying at our property last weekend. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff. I look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the Portland area. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Augusta ME
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've wanted to stay here since it was built years ago and had the chance this year. The design is unique and attractive from the outside. The lobby area is very nice and the receptionists are efficient and very pleasant. Overall the room was good, but a little noisy. We could hear people talking and television from the adjacent rooms and were near the HVAC system for the restaurant.
The bath area was clean but small and the closet made it difficult to get the bell trolly into the room. This was a factor of the unique round shape of the hotel. Once in the room it was comfortable with a work area and an easy chair to watch the flat screen TV. The bed was firm and not lumpy. We did not use the restaurant because there was a Cracker Barrel next to the hotel. All in all it was a pleasant experience, but there are other hotels in the area that might be a better value. Not necessarily less expensive but more modern.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the Portland area. While our hotel has its older charm, we are constantly looking to make improvements to our product. In the past few years the hotel has undergone millions of dollars in renovations and more are scheduled for the future. Within the next few years we will be updating our bathrooms amongst other things to give us an edge over the competition. Keeping this in mind will hopefully attract you back to our property in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you visit.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, ME? Share your experiences!