“Poor Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
maritimes
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

Don't book on line. When I arrived at the hotel, the rate I booked online and the rate they gave me were not the same. I questioned the gentleman at the desk and he said too bad you should have booked directly with us. I told him I had a confirmation number but it didn't matter. I found him very rude about the whole incident. We stayed anyway as we were tired and it was late. Room was clean but not worth the 100 bucks we paid. The iron didn't work and they weren't about to get me another one. Overall, for the money I was very disappointed

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — front desk workers
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

Hotel is dirty, dingy, and run down looking. A foul odor hits you when you walk in the door.

It looks like they got some kids to slap paint on the walls. Place needs to be gutted. Poor lighting in hallways make for unsafe situation.

In my room the Air-conditioner was not working the way it should. It was to small for the room, and it had some sort of a leak. It had a sticker on it that said not to run it above 5 or it would stop working completely. A STICKER? How about replacing it? When I called the front desk to complain, they said they would get somebody to take a look at it the next day. No other rooms were available to switch to..

Continental breakfast was not edible. Tiny stale tasting bagels, tiny pastries that had no flavor. The cold cereal was OK.

Found out later there were other hotels in the area about the same price, but much better. Choose one of them....

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Choose another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

I recently stayed at the Days Inn in South Portland, Maine. The hotel room was ok. However, I had a problem when reserving the room. There was a computer or website malfuntion and I was mistakenly booked for 3 nights instead of 1. The customer service I received was absolutelty horrible. People were rude on the phone and at not time did they appear as thought they wanted to help me solve my problem. Thus I am out of several hundred dollars due to no fault of my own. I have spend three weeks trying to explain my situation. Word of advice--do not expect quality customer service from Days Inn and beware if you reserve a room on the internet--you could inherit a lot of frustration and be out a lot of money!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

My mom and i stayed for 2 nights while we dropped my bro at camp. We had a smooth check in, a spotless room, fabulous AC and easy acess to the ice machine the car parked outside and the lobby. The breakfast included fresh fruit, cereals, waffels, bagels and pastries. Coffee, milk of any type and four different types of juice. It will satisfy picky eaters and adults alike. The location is perfect; close to the mall but far away enough to not have a noise issue. I would come back. The only issue i have is they dont accept pets which kills it for me because i love traveling with my toy poodle. otherwise a great deal

• Stayed June 2006
Portsmouth, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2005

Stayed here on Tues, Aug 30. Beds are lumpy but for a quick one or two night stay, it is a steal. Right across the street from the Maine Mall and surrounded by tons of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2005
washington dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

I tried this place based on a reviewer who thought it was ok. I thought it would be ok and keep me within my budget. After being there for less than an hour, I would have gladly paid an extra $100 a night to get out of there. I wouldn't say it was a complete dump, but it certainly was dumpy. The king size bed was sunken in on one side and the furniture looked like it came from a flea market. The room was generally clean and the shower was ok. However, I was there for 8 hours and I killed at least 10 files in the room and there were still more. I was supposed to stay three nights, but one night was enough. I've never been so happy to leave a place in my life. The lobby was dumpy looking too and the breakfast area looked like a bar in a bad 70's movie. The food looked pretty bad to me. Did I mention the flies?

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

Stayed for 10 days and it was a home away from home. All the staff were very helpful,friendly and we made friends; a waitress even cried when we were ready to leave. My daughter made a real mess everyday (see pic) and housekeeping was always prompt, efficient and polite; rooms and property were always kept clean and well mantained.
I am a real nitpicker but this time had no complaints about anything.
That says a lot about this Motel.
Ample parking, large mall and freeway (us1) right across the property.
Chilis was open till 11pm everynight.
Breakfast in a dining room with a large-screen tv.

• Stayed June 2004

Been to Days Inn South Portland? Share your experiences!